Can't believe the things he says sometimes....

Old 11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Can't make sense out of crazy.

Can't believe the things he says sometimes....

Does he hear himself? Does he think before he speaks?

So last week, in a moment of serious conversation AH suddenly tells me:

"You know, I never drank as much as you thought I did."

OMG. You've got to be kidding me! We were practically velcroed to each others hips for the past 14 years and he thinks I've underestimated how much he drank? LOL!!!!!
He knows how much he's drank, he knows that I know how much he's drank and after everything thats been said and done, he comes out with this statement?!?! LOL, really though it floored me for a bit......

Denial much?
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ha, they are comedians aren't they? My ex calls my son when he is drunk then demands to speak to me, when I refuse he insists that he is "not drinking anymore". Even a 14 year old can tell he is drunk!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trying to find a path

During a heated argument once my AW looked me in the eye and said she had quit drinking and that she thought she had been doing a great job. She was obviously drunk at the time so I walked back into the utility room where she stashes beer and weed picked up the half empty still cold beer and brought it into the bathroom where she was and held it up to her.

"What is this then", I asked.

"Oh, thanks" she says and takes it and chugs it down! Great job your doing darling, keep it up!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why should you be surprised? He is doing exactly what addicts do. And, yes, I remember standing in my kitchen when my AH tossed down a shot of scotch, chugged a beer, and told me he was a "moderate social drinker."

Whatever ...
Old 11-05-2008, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If it wasn't so pathetic and painful, some of the things we get told and see them do would have us rolling in the aisles. Beats the Comedy Hour hands down.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

I was JUST thinking about this yesterday. My AH said several months ago that he needed me to remind him not to drink and look for a job. At the time all I thought was, I'm not doing this... I don't have that kind of time and it's wasted energy. Then, yesterday I remembered a fight we had about me 'nagging him all the time' and how it made him depressed. So, #1, I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. #2 NORMAL people don't need to be reminded to put down the bottle and look for a job.

Good grief.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yup, damned if you do damned if you don't. I just don't anymore, they get used to it after a while and it puts the responsibility back on them where it belongs.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm through entertaining conversations with the AH when he is drinking.....which is 100% of the time he is at home. But I do remember a time when I asked him if he thought people who weren't alcoholics drank a 30 pack a day. His response........are you ready for this....."if they're German they do!"

Hope I didn't offend any of you Germans out there. Sometimes I think we could write a book.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blessed4x View Post
But I do remember a time when I asked him if he thought people who weren't alcoholics drank a 30 pack a day. His response........are you ready for this....."if they're German they do!.
Blessed4x,
I read this and fell out laughing......being German is the excuse my EXABF always gave for the massive amounts of alcohol he drank! Crazy stuff!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm through entertaining conversations with the AH when he is drinking.....which is 100% of the time he is at home. But I do remember a time when I asked him if he thought people who weren't alcoholics drank a 30 pack a day. His response........are you ready for this....."if they're German they do!"

Hope I didn't offend any of you Germans out there. Sometimes I think we could write a book.
No offense taken here!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ago

I asked him if he thought people who weren't alcoholics drank a 30 pack a day. His response........are you ready for this....."if they're German they do!"
LoL

@#@^&%# Coffee outta my nose and all over my screen, I thought we discussed this whole "don't make Andrew Laugh while he's drinking Coffee" dammit

Luckily he's not German/Irish/English like me, it'd be a 30 pack a day plus a fifth, THEN he'd have to go to the Pub, toss in a little french and you'd have that character from the old bugs bunny cartoons Pepe LePew coming at you too..remember that amorous skunk? lolol

sorry

alcoholism is a serious business mmmmk?
Old 11-05-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ago View Post
Luckily he's not German/Irish/English like me, it'd be a 30 pack a day plus a fifth, THEN he'd have to go to the Pub, toss in a little french and you'd have that character from the old bugs bunny cartoons Pepe LePew coming at you too..remember that amorous skunk?
Not a pretty mental picture! LOL

Thanks.....my funny bone needed a little exercise!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

But I do remember a time when I asked him if he thought people who weren't alcoholics drank a 30 pack a day. His response........are you ready for this....."if they're German they do!"

well i must admit this is funny (being german myself)..one major german characteristic is sobriety - but i see where his confusion must have come from. german beer is supposed to be one of the best, so naturally everyone assumes that people are really hammering it here. not true i must say.
maybe the statistics for german beer consumption stem mostly from the oktoberfest..? ;-)