Still tangled up

Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

7 years after our divorce, my ex has remarried and is living in another state. I STILL get his mail here from time to time. It mostly cracks me up now, as I no longer live in the state in which we lived when we were married. Neither of us lives there, actually. I just think that some company is using a really REALLY old mailing list, and whatever they are sending me is NOTHING I need. And since I don't have a forwarding address for him, I just toss the mail.

I'm sorry you're going thru this, Paj... just one more thing to aggravate you.

HUGS
Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Regarding ID for changing address-- I just did the address change on line a few weeks ago; and they needed me to enter a credit card number in order to verify the address. So I think there is someway that they make sure that the change is actually being filed by the actual person. Seems a little excessive, but I understand as I guess I would not want people filling a change of address form on me without my knowledge.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nowinsituation View Post
Regarding ID for changing address-- I just did the address change on line a few weeks ago; and they needed me to enter a credit card number in order to verify the address. So I think there is someway that they make sure that the change is actually being filed by the actual person. Seems a little excessive, but I understand as I guess I would not want people filling a change of address form on me without my knowledge.
They did that for me, too, but it was my current address, not the one I was moving to.

Hope whatever you try works - one less annoyance!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
"Return to sender" is my vote! Would he hand-deliver mail to you?

I just filled out the change of address card - he was living with someone else (so had no address). I just put down general delivery, and the town he drank in mostly. It worked, I didn't care were that mail went... It Wasn't coming here.