Quack, Quack, Quack!!!.....???

Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Keep working it, NeedHelp. You've already learned so much - remember your first posts I'm just amazed at how far you've come already.

I think it's a good thing you can identify the moods. Awareness of all of this stuff is SO important. So often, we just get into this cocoon and ignore all of the signs around us that something isn't right. You know that old saying, "knowledge is power" ? I really believe that.

How are things going for you? I mean.....you have a life outside of ABF. Are you happy? Are you spending as much time working on your own happiness as you are worrying about his behaviors? I mean, no matter what happens with him, you have a whole life to look forward to, so much to see and do and try and be. Hope you're keeping your eyes open to ALL the possibilities.

:ghug3
GL
Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks GIVELOVE!

Well, I guess my life is okay outside the draining ABF..... I did drop out of my classes though. I was taking them online and without a teacher in front of you and having not been in school for 6 years - IT WAS HARD! I couldn't keep up. That made me feel like a failure. My work keeps me busy and drained, but I don't really want to be here forever....

I think I am going to start focusing on my health - my body mainly. I have always had low self-esteem and now I have gained about 20 lbs - still not everweight, but when I look in the mirror I don't like what I see.

It's so darn tough to focus on yourself when someone you love has problems that seem way bigger than your own.... than you look back and realize YOU were much better off before you took on this burden - Im sorry to refer to him that way, I love him, but he is a HUGE burden on my life..... and he has no clue.

Ugh, sometimes I wish I could be as oblivious as they are...... must be nice.