I think he is drinking again

Old 10-13-2008, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think he is drinking again

Well, I do believe that he is drinking again, while he doesn't live at home and has supervised visitation only, he was going to come over yesterday to watch the football game and see our daughter who will be 10 on Thursday. Well, he was all cheerfull on the phone in the morning, and then he never showed up, never called, my daughter tried to call him several times...he never answered.

I talked with him this morning and asked what happened, he said "I just changed my mind"....I said she was asking where you were...he said "she should have called me" I said she did but you didn't answer. Later he said that he just choose not to answer the phone, nice way to treat your daughter...hey?? She kept asking me where he was, I said, honey I don't know. She tried to call him again tonight....no answer, what a guy.

This is the same kind of crappy behavior he did when drinking, so I think that might be happening now....of course I asked him have you been drinking and of course he said "NO", but afterwards I thought how dumb of me to ask, before he could be taking a swig out of a bottle right in front of me and if I asked him if he had been drinking, he would say.."NO"...but I don't know, what I do know is that I am going to take the best care of my daughter that I can. I don't even know this man anymore....what a waste.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I discovered last Thursday that my AH is drinking again too. When I asked why he answered "why not?" I told him I was sad and I didn't want that for him. I'm sure that was a waste of breath on my part.

I am so sorry for your daughter.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im sorry to hear that, I feel so bad for your daughter. Your right it is such a waste
Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, searching. Your daughter is lucky to have you. Wish I'd had a mom like you to go to bat for me when I was 10 ! :ghug3
Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what I do know is that I am going to take the best care of my daughter that I can.

Bravo!

It doesn't matter if he was drinking or not does it? If you believe this kind of behavior is cruel and unacceptable for you & your daughter then that's all the "facts" you need!

Stay strong and trust yer gut!

Peace-
B.