Thinking you know better than other people?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking you know better than other people?

Sometimes, if I feel like I could have done something better than someone else did it, I get really angry about it. It can also make me feel over-responsible -- like, sometimes, if someone screws something up, I feel like I could've done it for them, or spoken out about it. Also, sometimes if I come across someone's work that isn't up to my standards, sometimes I'll re-do it -- especially if I have to add something onto this work, or alter it in some way.

Any comments? This feels like it must be a perfectionism-related thing.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am very new here, but that is classic codependency. The only thing in life you can control is YOU.

Love and Peace.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I grew up in an environment where I earned love by my actions. I ran with that.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

i so know this one , ive experienced this so many times in my soberity , and still do , i should of or i would of , i could of . its sorta a control thing , someone once said to me on this topic , the person we see thats doing what we perceive as wrong isnt really wrong , its just we have a problem with them doing it other then the way we would , being aware were doing this does help , I found i just have to take a step back , relize if there ok with it that way then fine , thats there doing ,, I know ive done right in my own yard , let them take care of there own , If they ask for sugggestions then i will give it , but other wise i need to worry bout my own self . Its not greety , but its just something i need to do . I am so going thu something right now in this same area , and this hit nose . I know i need to just step back let them do there own thing , even if its not my way . some take sugar in there coffee others dont , its how they like to do things and were not all alike , Its a learning stage thats not exactly easy , but anything is possible with time , thanks for the topic ... Mrs O