Now I'm steamed

Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now I'm steamed

You know how I posted that I wasn't going to let AH drive my kids at all anymore in case he had been drinking? Well I asked my older kids - 10 and 7 - if he ever drinks while they're riding in the car with him. They said yes!

They were very matter of fact about it:
Yeah, sure, daddy drinks beer sometimes when he's driving. Usually he drinks water but he always brings a beer in case his water runs out. When he drinks the beer he keeps it between his legs or in the cupholder. When he's done he throws the beer can in the back. Why, are you not supposed to drink beer in the car, mommy? Why not?

He is lucky he's out of town for work until tomorrow night. It's taken all day for it to fully sink in but now that it has I am so upset. How dare he put my babies in danger like that! How can he not see how wrong that is?

And of course there is no point in even asking him about it. For one thing, he is not allowed to drive them anymore anyway. For another, he will get angry and say they are lying. I know they're not. They have no reason to lie and they didn't even realize it was something to lie about.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kitkatt

OMG Amberrose...I totally understand you not wanting you precious babies in harms way from your moron AH. That just shows you how selfish he is to not care about his own children and putting them in danger so he can get a buzz. You are right your kids have no reason to lie...but you can bet he will when he gets home.
I so feel for you and wish things were different..I would be steamed too!!
Just try to think of what is best for you and your children and NEVER let them go with him again.
God Bless
Old 10-09-2008, 11:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Do you have family nearby or friends? Someone needs to watch your children when you are not able to. I would not trust him alone with the children and you could find yourself answering to your Child Protection Services if something happened to your children when he was caring for them if he is intoxicated.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No, not really. Family is all two hours away and I don't really have friends. My husband doesn't really watch the kids, though. I take the baby with me everywhere because he nurses, and I do my errands while the older kids are in school. I don't work anymore. We used to work opposite shifts, but I used the new baby as an excuse to quit my job. I just didn't feel comfortable having him watch the kids. I'd come home to find him asleep on the couch while they were tearing the house apart around him.