old and sad...

Old 10-09-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

old and sad...

Today I'm just sad. It's stupid, but my ego is a little bruised.

I've had one fun thing I do, ballroom dancing. Today I saw my dance partner. Times being what they are, his job has changed, his income has changed, and he won't be making time for our dancing anymore. I'm just a little bummed that it was more fun for me (I was willing to continue to make the effort) than it was for him.

I have gone to ballroom dances alone, and spent the evening looking perky and gracious and enthusiastic. But not dancing.

Since he takes the summer off, and I had a suspicion this may happen one day, I had been looking around for another man to dance with, on bulletin boards and Craig's List. But there are tons of other women looking for partners, and no men.

My husband is drunk almost every night, and doesn't want to do anything different.

And now I'm having hot flashes and I feel old. Honest, I'm usually more fun than this...
Old 10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

(((hugs))))....

We all have days like this don't we? I know that I have. Try to hang in there...no advice now, just hugs to you. Love and good vibrations to you.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I worked as a programmer/analyst, there was an fellow well past retirement age there named Harry. By all outside appearances, Harry was a grumpy old guy, but what a jewel he was once you got past the exterior.

I came in to work one morning, and he was always there before everyone else. I had been having a few rough days, taking myself too seriously.

Harry had lovingly propped up a pad of sticky notes on my keyboard that said "I'm still a hot babe-now it comes in flashes!"

I liked to wet my pants laughing!

I hope I at least made you smile with my little story! :ghug2
Old 10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i hope things get better for you :ghug3