Anyone watching intervention right now?

Old 10-06-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Anyone watching intervention right now?

im watching intervention right now and theres this alcoholic woman and she is majorly nuts, yes i realize i was/still am married to an alcoholic but i dont think he was ever this bad, this woman is drinking mouthwash cause nobody will buy her vodka, and it said too much mouthwash can cause you to die that it shuts down your organs

this woman is totally lost it, and her family are major co-dependants, my biggest thing is how shes acting toward her kids and what they are seeing, if that aint enough to make me never let my husband around my kid when hes born then i dont know what is, this woman is tearing her kids apart, the father is sending the kids out of the house right now for the way shes acting right now

if she drinks any more mouthwash im gonna puke, its not even the mint flavor its that horrible brown kind

ive been around alcoholics my whole life but this woman takes the cake, maybe women are different alcoholics, as ive only seen men

them poor kids are gonna be so screwed up
Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh dang girl. This is sad, so very, very sad. It's not even Listerine, it's dollar store stuff, ewww nasty.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i swear im bout to die if she keeps drinking that mouthwash, god at least go get some beer or something if you just have to drink EWWWWWWWWWWWW
im so mad watching this show even my mom is laughing at me, i really shouldnt watch stuff about alcoholics cause i get so mad and start envisioning what i would do and i would literally beat my husband's a** is he treated my kids that way, course that wouldnt be good either cause my son would see me beating his father but dang i know myself i couldnt sit by and watch that with my kid
Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't seen much with the kids yet, they are doing the intervention now. I tuned in when she starting whinning for her bottle of mouthwash and he kept putting her back to bed. It hasn't made me mad, it has made me grateful.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This one is a rerun, she goes to rehab and gets clean eventually. There is more on the shows website.

One thing about this show that bugs me is that they always show addicts who are so bad that they are nearly dead. I guess the typical functioning A's annoyng antics do not make good television LOL.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

before that she was running around the kitchen wanting vodka(in front of the kids) acting like an nutcase, then she goes to her kids wanting a hug from all of them, and crying and begging them to never drink, the kids shouldnt see that or be a part of that, then later she was digging in the trash with her daughter right beside her and she was digging vodka bottles out of trash that had literally a drop left in them and drinking it

im funny about kids i guess, my neices are always pushed a way cause my sister would rather be with a man or smoke weed than pay attention to them and my sister says she doesnt like her oldest kid and doesnt have a "bond" with her, so im overly sensitive to things with kids, ill probably go overboard with my son and smother him but i cant stand the thought of kids being hurt
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by hadenoughnow View Post
This one is a rerun, she goes to rehab and gets clean eventually. There is more on the show's website.
Giant buzzer sounds

booo booooo hissss hisssss

spoiler

Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well it said shes only been sober since june of '08 she relapsed after 7 months before that , so the verdict is still out whether she stays sober or not
Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The episode with Avasmiles AH is on now.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hadenoughnow View Post
This one is a rerun, she goes to rehab and gets clean eventually. There is more on the shows website.

One thing about this show that bugs me is that they always show addicts who are so bad that they are nearly dead. I guess the typical functioning A's annoyng antics do not make good television LOL.
Dude! R would have made very entertaining tv. In a psych ward.

The one that is on right now already reminds me of him. Yep, there he fell.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

at first i thought this woman made my husband look like a saint but now i remember when my husband beat hisself up so he could call the cops and get me arrested, i have never laughed so hard in my life watching him

he kept punching hisself in the face or beating his head againest the wall, he threw hisself over the chair, over the kitchen counter, mean while im dying laughing and just making him more pissed

yes its sad that he was like that and had he not passed out i would have gone to jail cause who would believe he beat hisself up, but god was it funny watching him, that would have made good tv also, especially the next day when he was covered in bruises and could hardly walk

this guy on now is a sad case cause he seems like he loves his kid but is caught in the grips of drinking
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh man, that is so sad about the baby.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i know , i dont ever want to go through losing my child, my miscarriage was hard enough much less after they are born

this one is sad , its more like a typical alcoholic that most of us deal with instead of like that crazy lady
Old 10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My bff and her ex lost their first son when he was only ten days old. It was such a devastating experience for both of them and like Dan her husband didn't have the tools to deal with it so he turned to drinking. Sarah seems like one heck of a chick.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i have hope for this guy, i think he has the potential to get sober, but hes got to deal with losing his son before he can do anything , and get rid of his brother til he can get sober

i gotta run to my sisters, i may not get to finish this show, so let me know what it says at the end about whether or not he gets sober, purty please!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You got it restless.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well he did four months of treatment and relapsed. As of Sep. 26 I believe he went to a live in facility. I have to walk the dog, I may check out the website after to see how he has been doing. Sarah if your around, you are in my prayers hon.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

yeah i caught the tail end of it. it seems like they always relapse , so depressing i hope he makes it though for his daughter's sake
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ava is beautiful isn't she. So is Sarah.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I have seen this one. These alky's are probably late stage. My wife was late stage and I am telling you this is a true nightmare. I feel sorry for them but cannot control what they do. When they do get sober it takes a long time for them to function in society.
Since I am divorcing my wife I found out a lot more. I didn't think she was drinking when we were first married. She has told me lately she would drink all day passing out twice a day and just didn't drink much when I was there, what an eye opener.