tapping into our courage

Old 10-03-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tapping into our courage

Last night I had another stupid argument with xabf. This time he was sober when he crossed the line. I ended up sobbing and unable to talk. He tried to call me several times last night and I just couldn't see forgiving him this time. Not that anyone would consider his messages sincere apologies.

My life is at a crossroads. My job is being eliminated. My future is very uncertain. I have no family of my own (yet). Our economy headed for depression....

And so I watched the VP debate last night. And no matter what side you fall on I have to say I was in awe that Palin (anyone for that matter) could get on a world stage for what was undoubtedly the biggest moment in her life with all the expectations of failure and perform the way she did.

I was reminded of the inner strength that is within all of us, that we can tap into if we really try. I am by no means trying to say that I believe either party has the answers to our future. I am merely pointing out my personal take on the strength and courage of an individual under enormous pressure. It made me realize that the challenges i face in the future with job interviews, or saying so long to xabf are really not that difficult to face if I tap into my inner strength.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sketscher View Post
. I am merely pointing out my personal take on the strength and courage of an individual under enormous pressure. It made me realize that the challenges i face in the future with job interviews, or saying so long to xabf are really not that difficult to face if I tap into my inner strength.

Man, send some of that Inner Strength my way will you??? I could use some to make my ABF an XABF!

Thank you for your post....it was very inspiring....

K
Old 10-04-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I like to find inspiration and strength wherever I can get it. I'm glad you were able to find this in Palin's demeanor. I have found it in some of the women I go to school with (definitely on the other side of the political aisle, but like you said, who cares?) They have found a way through abuse, poverty, and despair to walk around with heads held high, almost daring someone to try to drag them down again. Many are able to be there because of social programs that (rather than handing out charity) require them to work hard, show up, and give back to their community. I'm in awe of what they've overcome.

I know all of us on SR can do the same, we can have the lives we want & deserve, with love and support from the people who want to see us "make it" in this world.

Hang in there, sketscher and orviske!