SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Momentary loss of reality... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/159013-momentary-loss-reality.html)

justaboutus 10-02-2008 01:06 PM

Momentary loss of reality...

I read something yesterday about how to lay the grounds for a good divorce and thought I'd give it a try. HA! All I wanted was a conversation and all this weirdness came out of him. Then there was a martyr scene, then the 'I'm doing everything I can' scene, then the 'it's all your fault' finale. I just sat there and thought how dull it was to watch this... again. He put on quite a performance (for the umteenth time). I just sat there thinking... oh yeah... I forgot... he's CRAZY!! Here I was expecting to have a conversation with a CRAZY person. Silly silly girl...

Seriously contemplating getting him a duck costume for Halloween (assuming I'm still around of course). You think he'd get it? You think I could get him to wear it and take pictures?

denny57 10-02-2008 01:53 PM

Unless the article title contained "with an Alcoholic" in it, I learned it had nothing to do with my marriage.

justaboutus 10-02-2008 02:03 PM

I should have known better. It's like I forgot who I was married to for a min.

denny57 10-02-2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by justaboutus (Post 1931188)
I should have known better. It's like I forgot who I was married to for a min.

I did that a lot too. :c043:

bookwyrm 10-03-2008 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by justaboutus (Post 1931095)
Seriously contemplating getting him a duck costume for Halloween (assuming I'm still around of course). You think he'd get it? You think I could get him to wear it and take pictures?

:D

You know, I'm amazed that, despite all the pain and hurt we all pour out on this board, we manage to keep a sense of humour! Thanks for making me smile!

Rella927 10-03-2008 05:11 AM

Still laughing about that duck costume "quack""quack" sounds like a good plan to me Just!

Yes book-it is amazing however I honestly feel at times that if we do not have that humor we would be crazy ourselves! (More crazy than codies are already :lmao)

justaboutus 10-03-2008 06:47 AM

He he... thought of something else. You know how you can set different ring tones for different people on your cell phone. As soon as I file, I'm going to set his to quacking. LOL, that'll keep me straight.

GiveLove 10-03-2008 06:22 PM

I swear, good friendships, laughter, and taking tender care of ourselves can help us survive just about anything life could throw at us.

YellowRed 10-04-2008 12:03 AM

HA HA HA I love the quacking ringtone idea. Very very funny.

TooMuch4TooLong 10-04-2008 02:21 PM

lmao, Just. That is too funny. If you do it please post the pictures :D

Rainbowgirl128 10-04-2008 02:38 PM

on the iphone there is a duck ringtone that is so funny. my mom put it as my ring so whenever i call her, her phone starts quacking. i wonder if she did that for a reason haha...