Job is KILLING me.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Job is KILLING me.

And I'm letting it. I'm in one of those situations where I have to give all my energy to the job and have none left over for anything else. I'm in training to teach Yoga and I'm just about keeping up with that but I'll probably be late getting my certificate because I can't give the necessary hours to that due to work. I've been sick for 2 weeks due to a mold allergy aggravated when a pipe burst in my office, polluting the air with the stuff.

I am bending over backwards to keep up at work and terrified of screwing up. But at the same time I wish they'd just let me go, sometimes I think I'd rather live on unemployment or temp pay then go another minute here.

I wonder if I should quit for my health and sanity, concentrate on my training and try to get by with freelance work. I have a better job lined up but I have to wait till they let go the person they want me to replace. That could be tomorrow or it could be months.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

I found that it was impossible to juggle all the balls, constantly, keeping things up in the air. I was so desperately trying to control every thing and everything I had to get it done, and right and to schedule.

I learnt that sometimes I had to put one or two things down for a bit, so I could do a better job on a few things, get them completed and then go back to the other balls I had put on standby.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I quit my job after eleven years of that kind of stress when my doctor finally said, "Whatever you're doing is going to kill you. Is that what you want?"

I'm so grateful to him, because before that i was just like you, going along with it and saying "I wish they'd fire me" rather than just saying "I quit."

Temp work was great. I used it to "shop" a bit, and eventually worked in a company that I loved so much I asked them if they had a job for me, and they did.

As long as you stay in this dreadful merry-go-round, angelus, nothing will change.

Can you do a little legwork to see about temping or another job?