He has hit bottom. Now what?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

That doesn't silly at all. I have no clue about myself. I don't know if I even like me.....
Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi again,

You seem to be clearheaded about what you want, I suggest you make a call to the dv hotline before (if ever) you have a need. This way you are prepared (just in case) and will learn the best ways to stay safe.

We have some sticky threads on abuse and leaving a relationship that are excellent.

When dealing with a violent person, drunk or not- the most dangerous time is when they are confronted with losing what they want. You've already seen some of what he is capable of.

Breakups are the prime-time for dv to occur and the abuse escalates quickly at that point.

Take care...
Old 09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by NeedHelp81 View Post
That doesn't silly at all. I have no clue about myself. I don't know if I even like me.....
I read this after posting...I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you realize all the things about yourself that you do like. Once the focus changes, bit by bit so many things become clear.
Look at the length of your thread...it seems to me that quite a few people see you as a person of worth- which to me is alot more important than merely being liked.
It doesn't matter how many years a person has to grow up but how well and how much they grow within those years. For some it's simply repeating 'the same year' over and over until they die. That's not for me and I don't think you want that either or you would not be coming here and asking for help the way you are. You have a good head start!

btw...I'm over twice your age, have kids older than you and sometimes still wondering who in the world I am.