A good news thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A good news thread

Hbb started a thread asking, when will there be good news, and it gave me the idea to start this one.

When we have meetings at work we all start off with a round of positives, one from each person there, sometimes recently its been hard to find one but I've dredged one up from somewhere. It's a good reminder when things look really bleak that theres always something good out there.

My good news is, I'm taking the kids on holiday next month, my sons birthday is coming up and we're going out for the day, my birthday is coming up after his and we're all going to do something together, my eldest hugged me in the kitchen earlier and told me I was ace (that is big news) and finally the favourite jeans that I 'grew out of' actually fit again.

None of it is earth shattering, but its all good.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for that, it's good to focus on the positives and all those little things add up. Cuddles from small people are great, mine gave me a back massage with some deep heat today as I've had a bad back. Such a sweetie, said I should close my eyes and dream of nice things :-)

Two weekends away planned for my 40th, one with friends and the other with friends and my boys, it's nice to have plans.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

My sister had a baby on Friday---I am an auntie!
On Saturday, I am finally going to be finished with that entrance exam that I have been cramming for.
I booked my trip abroad!
I applied for graduation last week!
Yay!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going to Disneyland in November.
I finally asked someone to be my sponser in Alanon - and I am meeting with her tomorrow (scared and excited at the same time).
Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

I got to bake (and eat) the cake for my nephew's first birthday party this past weekend. It was a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting - YUM!

I'm making plans to visit my best friend in October for a weekend of girl time.

My landlord decided that my house could use a new coat of paint - the crew has been working on it for a full week now, and it looks beautiful.

Things are looking up!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm in love, with a charming young lady who goes to Overeaters Anonymous. She's had her share of heartache and we both love the outdoors. My career is back on track, I got a perfect little condo, my truck runs, got a little bit of savings, my Mom is healing up from her fall.

Ok, so some things are not perfect, but considering where I've been I really do have a wonderful life... thanx to al-anon

Mike
Old 09-22-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've finally realized that, despite some questionable things happening all around me, I'm a pretty darned okay person, and I'll last long enough to see things turn around
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

THANK YOU for this thread!

I have some GREAT news! My friends baby, Morgan, had a liver transplant and is home today! The expected recovery time was 3 months but she came home in one month. Here is a pic:

Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SlvrMag View Post
THANK YOU for this thread!

I have some GREAT news! My friends baby, Morgan, had a liver transplant and is home today! The expected recovery time was 3 months but she came home in one month. Here is a pic:

That is wonderful! I must say too that she has the prettiest eyes!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Yes she does! She is an amazing little girl and has been thru so much at such a young age.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

I like these threads!

I started my accountancy technician course last Tuesday, and managed to get employer to cough up the dough to pay my fees yay! it took a year, but patience pays off!

I am getting a new manager in a week or so - my old one was the possible alcoholic I posted about the other week who I made a complaint about. He has given up his role of office manager and a new guy from the office who everyone likes and respects is taking over!

my daughter has one last appointment for results at hospital tomorrow from when she was very ill back in Feb. If things are all clear, which I think they will be, she will be discharged!

Lots of little things to be thankul for too but these are my biggins....

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

The last two projects I've finished for work have earned me lots of kudos for a job well done. It's nice to be appreciated. I got a new pair of smaller sized jeans. My friends/family are amazing.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

Great idea...

Well my positives are the simple things at the moment...the luxury of working in an office where I have a window, and I can look outside today and see the sunshining, a field that is golden. The bf and I played Monopoly Jr. with my son last night, we all had a great time together. Oh, and I motivated myself to hop on the treadmill yesterday, I did 30 minutes on that, and another 15 minutes on the eliptical.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I found out this morning that I have a new job, contracting with the military, and that I may actually end up being able to walk to work most of the time. They have a satellite office near the apartment I am moving into on Friday. How cool is that!

I feel like I am living in a warehouse at the moment with most everything packed in boxes but I am almost done with packing and I hired movers to do the nasty hard work of moving all the stuff.

I'm happy and doing well with my own personal recovery. What more could I ask?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I had a wonderful weekend last weekend. My son was home with me all weekend because his dad was out of town, and I had my nephew stay with us too. Lots of playing and fun times!

Also, I've begun to realize, for the first time in my life, that I matter! I'm enjoying getting to know 'me'!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My good news for the day is that my friends mom, who is fighting breast cancer, doesn't need radiation. SHe just finished not long ago with Chemo and they werent sure if she would need the radiation. But she found out today that she doesnt.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for this tread. I just got back from a girls weekend in Tahoe. The lake is so blue and wonderful to look at, the weather was nice, not to hot or cold. Nice to spend time with old friends.

Got my dog a new ball... she LOVES me.... a dogs love is special.

I cleaned the house and the laundry is done that always makes me happy. :bounce

I went to the library yesterday... simple pleasures.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I just feel like smiling today!
I got some rest and read the most delightful book.
And I love SR.
I am watching my huge crimson betta dance around and show off since I just moved him into a roomier tank.
And little by little, the moving is coming together.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Found out today I got 90's on my first two exams this semester!! I could cry. I studied so hard.

The hot water is back on (after 4 days of broken hot water heater).

I run a huge investment firm but I mismanaged it and drove it into the ground and had to lay-off a bunch of nice people, but the gov't is going to PAY OFF MY DEBT and I still get my $$260 MILLION severance pay....How totally awesome is that? ...I ....oops...oh, yeah, no... Sorry guys...oh...I only DREAMT that...wouldn't that be crazy if that were true? :atv ...man.....I'm actually just a poor schmoe struggling financially to finally finish college at 40+ but that makes me SO VERY HAPPY that that is where I AM at. Right here. Right now.

In this precious moment, within me: All is well!

And Silvrmag, can I just add: BABY MORGAN? YUM!!!!!!! Schnookums!

Peace & smiles to all-
B.

Last edited by Bernadette; 09-23-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Have my mum staying with me on holiday having flown 3000kls to get here. Didn't make it last year because she broke her hip, but has such a determined, positive attitude and worked with rehab staff to get back on her feet again. She has made it, when others didn't. She is my bright shining star, shows total support and love that keeps me going when I really feel like it is all too much. By the way she is 97 years old.