One step forward, two steps back!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well yesterday was my husbands 3 years and 11 month sobriety date. Yes, I am so very proud of him that I still keep up with the months. Most of you know that my husband 7 years ago suffered a horrible jet ski accident and has been for the most part severly depressed, stays in complete pain all the time.

Well this weekend we had plans, I work two jobs, take care of the comings and goings of 3 teenagers, basically I do it all.

We went to a friends house for a tailgate party before homecoming this past Friday, and from Saturday morning until Sunday night, I couldn't function. I guess I let his depression, set my tone for the whole weekend. I so upset with myself. I usually get up and move on without him, and I did when it came to the grocery store.

We are going through so much in all directions of our lives, maybe it was my body telling me I needed the break, the rest.

I watch as my eldest (son) has the attitude. I pray everyday that he'll remember how stupid acting and abusive his father was and never picks up the bottle. But that's where my 3 C's come into play.

I just feel as though when I am gaining ground, it doesn't take much for the disease to shove me right back down.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Yes it can feel like you are being put back. Don't allow it! Keep your ground. That's when you need to lean on your higher power and refill your strength.
I hope you have a better day today
Old 09-22-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just like everything else in life...so you let it get to you. You're allowed to feel this way. Even Wonder Woman has her down time. Be gentle with yourself...I bet you feel better today. It takes alot to take on what you have and to deal with it all...One day at a time...I know easier said than done, but it works. No one knows what tomorrow will bring...could be something wonderful...