When will there be good news??

Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Unhappy When will there be good news??

Hi all!

I've been laying low here, but want you to know that i've been reading and responding here and there and my heart goes out to all of you. To the newbies, welcome and i hope you find help and understanding here

The past 2 months have been living he!! for me personally and my family. As most of you know my work moved away after being with them 10 years, my last day was on Thursday. So now i have to put the focus on finding a new job!!

I got the news tonight about 6 that a dear friend of mine and my brother was found dead in the next town over in her car. Her life has been one terrible thing happening to her after another. It hasn't been confirmed but we believe that she overdosed on drugs. She had been clean for so long and within the past year fell into a bad relationship and got into a real bad way again. My heart breaks for her, her son and her family She was one of those people that was misunderstood by most and i just wanted to say how sad i am and how sorry i am that this happened to such a great person.

Tomorrow morning i will spend the next two days in Boston at the hospital as my father's health has been digressing over the past few months. He has lung disease and has gotten much worse since july. He goes for testing for the next two days to make sure everything is ok to go ahead with a lung transplant my life is so upside down right now i don't know whether i'm coming or going. I don't even know anyone else that is on a "list" for this sort of thing and my dad is the most loving and caring men i've EVER met in my life.

I guess the reason for this post is i'm sooooo sad and just needed to get it all out there and wonder when does it all end. When do things start to turn around. It's like i finally got over my exabf and dealt with all of that to now enter a much more difficult situation. I know everyone has stuff going on but when does it ease up, is there a light at the end of this long 2 year tunnel??

Thanks for listening.....
Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am sending lots of white light, prayers and hugs your way.
Barb
Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Heather))),

Sometimes life just is like that, Heather. It seems like so much gets thrown at us that we think it is all bad. I suppose a more enlightened person would tell you to make a list of all the good things that are going on to help you realize that you can also let yourself focus on the other things life has to offer.

But I know what you are talking about, and just wanted to tell you I'm thinking of you tonight and will pray that things look up for you soon, sweetie. Chin up, if you can, but also let yourself cry if necessary for the 1/2 hour you deserve.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am new here but want you to know that my heart goes out to you. I wish there was a magic answer, but then if there were, we wouldn't need to be here supporting each other.

You are in my thoughts and prayers
Old 09-22-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

(((((Heather))))) keeping you and your dad in my thoughts and prayers, I am very sorry to hear about your friend also, my condolences.

Its raining right now for you, but the sun always follows the rain, keep your chin up, keep spreading your warmth and love

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

I don't know why life deals us tasks like that. All you can do is the best you can. It's just the cycle of life. I'm also thinking of you at this time and sending positive wishes your way. Hang in there.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Heather-
Oooooph. Heavy load. So sorry about your friend's death.
And prayers for your father's health :praying & for your employment search.
(((hugs)))
B.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Heather...

Sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. I was in a situaton kind of like yours earlier this year. My 45 year old brother was diagnosed with IPF...we were devastated. All from an infection that started in January that turned into an organized pneumonia...we went through all the tests including an open lung biopsy and found out in June that he was misdiagnosed. In the meantime he was put on the lung transplant list and started all kinds of testing. Now he is on the mend, even running and working out. I still believe that this one was a divine intervention. Prayed morning noon and night. I will pray for your father and hope for the best possible outcome. While we were going through this I found alot of support on the lung forums...I can't remember exact addresses, but if you google "lung forum"....there are several that pop up. Alot of people have had successful lung transplants and share alot of information. Hang in there and know we are all rooting for you and yours! One day atr a time...things will fall into place!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by theotherone View Post
but if you google "lung forum"....there are several that pop up.
Goodness, is there nothing you can't find on the inter web???

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

((hbb))

From your post I saw that the positive side is that you have the ability to spend this time with your father and not have to worry about getting to work. Your dad will appreciate the support you are able to give and the time you are able to spend with him. I wish him the best of outcomes.

I hope you will be able to find employment quickly. Remember the temp agencies...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Seeking Peace and Serenity

I always have to Let Go and Let God. Going through a crisis with my Dad and illness. I give it to my higher power and know that everything will turn out ok.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

HUGS

live
Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Heather))) I'm sorry you're dealing with so much right now. Take care.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Praying.:praying
Old 09-22-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((Heather)))

Sending you big hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((Heather)))))

Sorry to hear about the bad stuff piling up like this.

There is a saying:

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger....

Prayers going out for you dear.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

prayers heather

healing prayers for you and your family.

the sun always comes out heather - believe in that. (((HUGS))))
Old 09-22-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

WOW thank you for the responses! Just what i needed after spending 13 hours today at the hospital for the first day of testing. He had his heart checked because that was one of the major questions as to how he is since his mild heart attack. Things appear to be good so far, no blockage or serious issue. He's resting and watching the Red Sox ... oh and teasing the nurses keeping them on their toes!!

Thank you for your kind words, i still don't know about my friend or the details yet. So sad. I did hear that they found her in a nearby hospital parking lot....so sad.

(((Anvil))) big hugs to you, Hank and Hank's dad. I'm thinking of you during this time.

Thank you guys!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((hbb))) sending love and prayers to you, your family, and your friends. You have a LOT on your plate right now. These events that are unraveling in front of you are very stressful.

Okay, this may sound off-the-wall, but this is what I did the times I was standing on the beach motionless and was watching the tidal wave about to break over my head: I would find something to laugh at/about. The irony of the situation. A dumb joke somebody told me. A silly old movie. Anything.

I understand how difficult it is to watch a loved one going through major health issues. I have some big-time health issues myself. But it is the laughter that got me through the pain.

Prayers again and again and again to you. I love you, H. Take care. And remember, Let Go and Let God.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

hbb- My prayers go out to you. So much going on in your life. Glad to read your dad is doing ok.