Help! Need Advice Urgently

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Is your agreement in writing?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering Nicely

Silverberry, I don't know the laws in your state, but if you are married, and there's nothing in writing right now, when it comes time to file for divorce, he may still get 1/2 of everything, and you may have to buy him out. If it were me, I'd get everything in writing. I trust no one but HP and myself, and I definitely would never trust an alcoholic. JMO.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I would not give him any cash, you will not have any proof and he could easily come back later and say that you threw him out with nothing.

I left some money in our joint checking account then opened my own and started putting my paycheck in the new acct right before I filed for divorce. That way he couldn't say that I took all the funds and left him with nothing.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree with what people say on this thread.

Anyway, when i travel in developing countries there are beggars that target foreigners (tourists) I have tried to buy a meal for many of them claiming to be hungry. I will tell with that in all these encounters, there was 1 (one) that actually accepted food. The others simply lost interest and looked for the next "enabler" so to speak.
This is also clever manipulation, or scamming if you will.

I have also participated as a volunteer in overseas missions that help poor people. Believe me there are many honest good people whose only bad luck in life is being born poor.

I too took my AW to eat and bought food for our home, but I stopped supporting her drinking. Sadly the most loving thing we can do is "not enable" Yes, it sue can break your heart.