Again, an interesting weekend

Old 09-17-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reddmax View Post
In talking to her, its so facile and underhanded. I'm pretty sure she has no intention of willfully following through with what she's starting. She's going to go to the doctor, and then drag her feet like a little girl that doesn't want to eat her vegetables when he says something she doesn't like.
So do you have any thoughts on what it is going to take for YOU to stop paying attention to the illogical, irrational quacking coming from an A who has no desire to stop ingesting alcohol?

Why are you talking to someone whose conversation you label as "facile and underhanded."?

You already know the kinda crap she's gonna pull when she goes to the doctor. Redd, you're a good guy who deserves better than this. So now that I've read about her, her, her for awhile, I'm getting more and more curious as to what she needs to do next to get you to walk away from this mess.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by Reddmax View Post
...I'm pretty sure she has no intention of willfully following through with what she's starting. She's going to go to the doctor, and then drag her feet like a little girl that doesn't want to eat her vegetables when he says something she doesn't like....
Redd, she is going through the motions and dragging you all along with her!

She is NOT QUITTING!!!

If she gets on medication she is actually adding to her list of DRUG USE!!!

She is doing as little as she can to SHUT YOU UP!!!

My exabf wanted to go onto anti depressants. I found out later that this was not because he thought they would actually help in anyway, but because he thought they would give him another HIGH - I found out because he actually stole some of mine and then complained to me how they didn't make him feel anything!!!

Redd, your wife has blatently told you all to your faces she has no intention of quitting, she hasn't even acknowledged that she has a problem. The ball has been firmly placed in your side of the court.

Nothing changes if nothing changes....

And she ISN'T changing.

Courage and strength to you Redd,

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 09-18-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yeah.... I know... It is hitting home. We had an incident last night where she said one of her unusual drunken comments, and I asked her this morning what she meant when she said it. Of course, her response was to get mad, and claim I was either lying or mistaken.

Anyway, I'm pretty calm this morning. I must be getting used to this stuff. However, I'm still going on with my baby steps. You know, trying to unwind a relationship is much harder than trying to build one, mainly because it happens so much faster.

Redd

Redd
Old 09-18-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Redd))

prayers & good thoughts for you -

asking your HP to guide you as to what is your HP's best for you and your family and to provide you with the strength, courage and wisdom to follow that path.

Rita
Old 09-18-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's tough to change beliefs. I lived for a long time thinking that his recovery was what I needed to make my life better. Once I let go of that belief and slowly adopted the belief that I was the only one who could make my life better, it started to get better. It isn't easy changing the whole way you look at things.

I've said it before, the decision to stay or go is not nearly as important as the decision to change.

L
Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
It's tough to change beliefs. I lived for a long time thinking that his recovery was what I needed to make my life better. Once I let go of that belief and slowly adopted the belief that I was the only one who could make my life better, it started to get better.L
I held on to that belief too -- and realized that I needed to be able to "blame" him for my misery. Our marriage was a mess -- and it had to be all his fault because I didn't do anything wrong - I was perfect. Guess what, I'm not; and I'm just now beginning to accept that it's OK.