sometimes the bad stuff

Old 09-12-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm growing

sometimes the bad stuff

can make you feel good....

sounds like nonsense unless your a codie (in recovery)....lol

My AH went on a binge for the past few nights. Had really bad night last night and this evening he was either messed up again or really fighting the urge....I dunno (I don't care to know).

He started going off on me for no reason (duh). I just kept quiet. When I didn't budge he tried dd (but I told her to ignore him and explained to her how it was not about her......funny how kids understand it). So when she didn't bite either he started trashing the house. He threw away my sewing machine (which I love) and I said nothing (yeah me!).

He tried to take away the kitchen table where I was helping dd with her school work (apperently he thought he was superman....more like superA)
We just went up to her room to finish.

Finally his antics were not getting him the response he wanted so after yelling to himself for a while....he left.

Ahhhhh a sigh of relief...for a while. Until he came home went upstairs and passed out.

It was funny cause after he left dd said, "Was he having one of those times when he is mad at himself and tries to make other people feel bad to make himself feel better" (the wisdom of children)

I was proud that i was calm and let HIM feel the weight of what he is doing. I know he was trying to force a bottom by making me mad enough so I would leave.....but he is going to have to find his own bottm!

ummmmm.....can I go get my sewing machine out of the trash now...lol
Old 09-12-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Daisy30 View Post
I was proud that i was calm and let HIM feel the weight of what he is doing. I know he was trying to force a bottom by making me mad enough so I would leave.....but he is going to have to find his own bottm!

ummmmm.....can I go get my sewing machine out of the trash now...lol
I KNOW I'd have called the police. I'm sorry you are putting up with that nonsense.

I used to call them just because exaw (I love the ex part too!) would want to follow me to bed ranting and raving and not let me sleep. I'd calmly ask her if she wanted to go to jail? Then I'd call 'em!

Man if she threw my sewing machine away it'd be ON! Ha

Thanks and God bless us all,:ghug2
Coyote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening

Man the more I think about this the angrier I get. My little girl is only 7 now, when she is 20....God willing I'll be 69. God help the man that EVER treats her that way.

I won't be above using my walker on him! :wtf2

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

P.S. Do you have a brother? Ha!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm growing

I quess I am coming from a place in my recovery where I know this person isn't the man I married. That he is a good man and his heart is good. But when he is drinking he is this other person. I know that I have to step out of the way so he can hit his bottom. I also know that day may never come.

I have learned that anger is the opposite of acceptance (or me fighting acceptance). When I am angry I have to think what is making me angry? What am I refusing to accept in my life. Once I accept somethng I am no longer angry about it.

oh and yes I have an older bro...lol!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening

I have learned that anger is the opposite of acceptance (or me fighting acceptance). When I am angry I have to think what is making me angry? What am I refusing to accept in my life. Once I accept somethng I am no longer angry about it.

oh and yes I have an older bro...lol!

DAMNIT........you're right.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awakening

Talking

Originally Posted by Daisy30 View Post
But when he is drinking he is this other person.
Maybe your older bro could just whup this other guys arse?

I know, I know, promoting just a TINY LITTLE bit of physical violnce is probably against some kind of posting rules or somethin'. I'll shut my "old school" mouth now.

Thanks and God bless us all, :ghug2
Coyote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm growing

lol....even if I thought it was right ....It wouldn't fix anything