Going to take care of me

Old 09-11-2008, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

Thumbs up Going to take care of me

Hey everyone...

Well, day four and still no word from the AH. However, I had a friend who saw him in Ft Lauderdale (about 30 mins from my house), coming out of a liquor store. My friend proceeded to tell me how terrible he looked and how he lost weight and looked dirty and tired. I went into a big guilty tither because I knew that this would happen. I felt like I was going to have a breakdown...

Then I made a decision...I needed to get my little butt in gear towards my recovery. I sent everyone- all family and friends- an email telling them that I was canceling all plans for the weekend. I am not going to answer my emails, my phone, or my messages. I decided I am going to get my house in order, pack up the rest of his things, and take me time. I am listening to too many people, and allowing too much activity in my life. I am avoiding myself. I also told my friend that although I appreciate her sharing the information about the AH sighting that I didn't need such a horrible dramatic description. I told her that it hurt me, especially since she knew I was agonizing over this potential reality coming to fruitation.

So this is a Silverberry weekend. I even took tomorrow off from work. I am going to make this the beginning of my new life. I am fully ready to commit to my recovery. I am moving ahead :atv
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo for Silverberry Weekend! Soak it Up!!
Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've decided that, in honor of National Silverberry Weekend, I am going to take myself out to breakfast tomorrow morning, write in my journal and figure out why I'm depressed, and then do some volunteer work in the afternoon with a nonprofit that works with women who want to start small businesses. They just called me as I was reading your post, sb, and so I said, heck yeah I'll come.

When I was breaking up with my X, I found that it was really, really helpful to tell my friends and family what I DIDN'T want to hear from them. It was hard, because I'm pretty afraid of making anybody uncomfortable (unless it's me) But I gritted my teeth and did it. Sometimes they just didn't think before they opened their mouths, and telling them that they were hurting me really made that sink in for them. People want to support you, girl, congratulations on telling them how they can.

Hugs to you, and happy weekend!
GL
Old 09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enough Silverberry Weekends and that silver lining is yours!

You go!!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
gns

Have a great start of your new life silverberry!! You deserve it!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome! I am so impressed, you have inspired me. Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. You deserve it!!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

SilverBerry Weekend. I like the sound of that. It has a nice ring to it. Why not make it a SilverBerry Year? Or a SilverBerry Life? Yes, that's better. Think BIG. Get BIG results. Puts a whole new spin on the phrase "I'm a big girl now."
Old 09-11-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thats a great way to get to know someone we so seldom take time to know and love in active addiction and years after..ourselves.i hope you have a great weekend..and build a relationship thats guarenteed to last a lifetime.one day at a time..you'll bloom!!:bounce
Old 09-11-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

New on the menu this fall:

A bloomin' SilverBerry.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OOOOOO. I want to celebrate National Silverberry Weekend too! It's going to start with an iced cappucino and an overdue trip to the bookstore....
:bounce
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SilverBerry- I like how you think! You go girl!!!

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
SilverBerry Weekend. I like the sound of that. It has a nice ring to it. Why not make it a SilverBerry Year? Or a SilverBerry Life? Yes, that's better. Think BIG. Get BIG results. Puts a whole new spin on the phrase "I'm a big girl now."
Love that FD! I'm going to get me a pajarito life!

Viva Pajarito!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What a great idea, that's probably just what you need.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Enjoy your weekend Silverberry. You deserve it. I've been away from this site for a week or so, and I just spent the last 1/2 hour reading through all your posts from last week, and I've got tears running down my face, and I'm AT WORK! Your posts are so powerful. I wish you the best of luck, you've really done well! The worst is behind you, and now you can look forward to that list of good things to come.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

good for you! thanks for the inspiration