Hope for Today - 09/09 - Keep It Simple

Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hope for Today - 09/09 - Keep It Simple

Hope for Today – September 9

Al-Anon suggest I “Keep It Simple.” I used to think keeping it simple meant doing whatever I needed to do to keep people from being angry with me. Not so! Keeping it simple means I don’t have to do ten things at once so that everyone is happy. The slogan indicates I don’t even have to think of ten things at once. Keeping it simple also implies that I can make decisions with my own best interest in mind. I don’t need to complicate my life with guesswork about others’ actions or feelings. Keeping it simple helps me say great phrases like, “I need some time to think about that” and “I’ll need to get back to you with my decision.” “I’m not sure,” or “I don’t know the answer to that” are also responses that work well.

Keeping it simple denotes I don’t have to respond to the face of anger. I don’t have to explain my motives to an irrational person. Keeping it simple suggest I don’t have to take on someone else’s guilt and frustration. It signifies that my integrity is protected and remains intact. Keeping it simple gives me time to enjoy the lovely, carefree things in life – like breathing deeply, smiling broadly, and laughing out loud!

When I practice “Keep It Simple,” my decisions and responsibilities become clear so I can deal with them quickly and get on with enjoying my life.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
What happens when I practice “Keep It Simple”?

“I look at the simple things around me – a smile, a beautiful sunrise, a warm feeling about a friend-and try to Keep it Simple in my life today.” Alateen – a day at a time p.46
Old 09-06-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have my daily readers with me today, but I know I can always find words of wisdom here on SR.

Maybe I'll find a Hope For Today reading with today's date, but this one was meant for me, today.

Thanks, Pink, for posting this so long ago.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ooooo! Eureka. This is a gold if ever I've seen it. This shall be my new mantra.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is amazing!!!!!! Thank you for resurrecting