Peace

Old 09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Peace

Its very interesting, but the fact that the AW is far, far away makes life much better.

It was amazing. No drunken slurring whining. No anger, cursing... nothing but silence.

The SD and I had a good evening last night. She made tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, and we had a great time. We talked about things, and she noted that she couldn't understand how I took it. I related that I couldn't take it for much longer, and she said she understood. It was a good night.

This morning, I awoke (after sleeping 10 hours, which never happens to me...) to a fresh breakfast made by the SD. I ate, we talked, and I headed out to a friends get together in a nearby town. Had a good time there. As I was leaving the AW called..... left a guilt trip on voice mail.... I called her back, and she fell asleep in the middle of the conversation.

The house is relatively clean.... The dishes are done, the laundry is done... wow.

I'm relaxed... I'm watching what I want, when I want. The dogs are behaving.... I'm good...

Nothing changes till it changes.... This is something of a wakeup call.

Redd
Old 09-07-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Redd,
Wow, I feel relaxed for you!
I am sorry that I do not know your story but where is the AW? Treatment I hope?
Maybe now that you have a taste of peace, you will require it in your life?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's lovely isn't it, enjoy while you can, how long have you got?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Been there Redd. Kinda odd when you used to look forward to your spouses return and then you wind up hating their return. Gives you a small perspective of what life could be like without all the drama.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is nice isnt it. Having some peace and being able to relax I am happy for you. My A/B
I kicked him out and today was the first day I did not cry and like you it was a peaceful day. I am glad you have got to enjoy it. It shows you what it can be like.
So happy for you enjoy the rest of the evening.
Kelli....
Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't let got of this feeling! Hold on to it and cherish it. And know that it can be yours everyday of the rest of your life.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Redd, I'm so glad you got a taste of what REAL peace and quiet is all about! I have a job where everyone wants off on the weekend. Not me! I take weekdays off when AH is at work. I enjoy the solitude, tranquility, and tidying up my area of the house.

In the past year, I've taken several long weekends alone. I thoroughly enjoyed it each time! I rarely feel lonely .... just being able to go somewhere and enjoy doing something without the inevitable temper tantrum or outburst is well worth it!

You are still a young man. Focus on your own recovery. When you feel you are ready to leave your AW, you will. I truly believe that in the future you will find a wonderful partner with whom you can share all life has to offer!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What a wonderful gift.....grilled cheese and tomato soup are my favorite lunch fixins.

And the peace of mind, the relaxation....I almost dropped off into a blissful sleep just reading your words. How wonderful.

Thanks for sharing this, Red.

GL
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang on to that feeling! It's bizarre when it's a relief when they are not around! When you don't have to be constantly worrying about them; their next outburst; the next thing which is going to drive them crazy; when you don't dread going home.... Guess what - that's NORMAL! A friend of mine once told me that I had lived so long in an abnormal home environment that I didn't have any perspective on what was normal any more. That kind of peace and solitude should be something to seriously think about.... Best of luck to you.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

She's on a business trip.

Redd
Old 09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

glad you are enjoying the peaceful times - regardless of what your future decisions may be.