Day One

Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One

Last night I left abf at the bar, then I drove to his house and got the few things I had at his house. I guess I reached my breaking point because all I feel today is anger at him. I told him a long time ago that once I stop crying there's a major problem. Well today there are no tears..just anger. My cell phone is turned off, and when he calls I do not plan on answering the phone. Once the caller ID shows him calling I will go sit on the front porch to help me be strong enough to not answer the phone.

I will put his house key and credit card in the mail and sometime when I know he is not home, I will drop his wheel barrel off at his house. I want no reasons for him to try to come to my house to get anything.

Now it's time for me to take a step back and try to figure out why I allowed myself to accept things I never should have. While I love him with my whole heart, I know for my own peace of mind and sanity I have to :codiepolice.

I don't feel like going anywhere today so I'll probably spend a good part of my day lurking here.

I know in the long run, I'm making the best decision for me, but it's going to take me some time to get over this, yet I know I will.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Summer, I will be thinking of you, Keep taking care of yourself. I think you have a good plan. :praying
Old 09-07-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Learning How,

I have come up with a time that I know he won't be home. Tomorrow evening we were going to his best friends wedding so while I won't be going with him, I know he will go. Since I now have a time, I will just drop the house key, credit card and wheel barrel off at his house.

I know it's going to be difficult going to his house for the last time, however I'm determined to put this demon behind me and do it.

I have to admit though the tears are here now, yet my resolve to end this is strong. This is now about me taking a long hard look at myself and trying to figure some things out so I never find myself in a relationship like this again.

Please keep me in your thoughts.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:praying

Sending you prayers for continued strength and peace of mind!

If you hold tight to that resolve to look at yourself, and figure out what got you into this- he will occupy less and less of your mind because you will be becoming a healthier person- a person too healthy to want to engage in this kind of relationship.

Stay strong! (((hugs)))
Peace,
B.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's probably a whole lot easier when you're over the crying, wondering if often that's our rock bottom. Sounds like your head is in the right place. Chin up, it will get easier
Old 09-07-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you! I know it was hard and I know it will remain difficult for a while. But you've taken the biggest step. It will get better and you will find your strength. You will find your self again. {hugs}
Old 09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's been a long and boring day. Yet not once have I second guessed my decision. So far not one call from him however I know it will happen. Every day I will get stronger and become better able to deal with the confrontation that I know is inevitable.

I can only imagine what he will tell his friends and family about me, and while I shouldn't care, darn it I do. I had come to care about his family a lot and always imagined one day they would also become my family. I know blood is thicker so he will say whatever he has to in order to keep himself looking good to them.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You will be fine Summer... I left my drunk'n GF at the bar when I had enough of her showing her ars. Its been 3 weeks now and I know in my heart breaking it off was the best thing for me.

For me, it was the second week that was the hardest. I wanted to talk with her so much, then I would ask myself why I felt I owed her anything at all when it was her head trips that disteacted to what was important in my life.
Of course I got the occasional text from her how she misses me, then we have the "This is my final contact with you, I'm sorry and I love you with all my heart letter". I've not responded any of her contacts and not heard from her until today, when I got another letter asking me why I won't speak to her and how it is just tearing her up. yadda yadda yadda........

I wish you well and I'm sure he will try to convince you that you were wrong for leaving him once he sobbers up and realizes that you are serious.

Be strong, you deserve better for yourself