is it over?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hurt again

is it over?

Why do I have this dread that my marriage is over. I really have no feelings for him anymore but why do I dread changing my life and moving out. I keep walking around the house wondering what to do with all my stuff. Wondering why I have begun to love this house more that my AH. Wondering why I am going to miss lying by our pool and reading. I want to fix it but I don't know how. We had a long talk today and decided things must change, how we need to prioritize things and make us first. But the first thing he decides to do is sleep because "he doesn't feel good." Blehhh. Exactly what I mean. I am always last on his list.
Just want to know if anyone else got this far and then things got better? I hope so..
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't respond until I understand what you mean about things getting better? Do you mean better with the alcoholic, or better once you learn to move on?
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Broken Wife ((())) There will be other houses, other pools, you can make changes for yourself while he sleeps. Dont think that your life revolves around your husband if you want better then go for it. He will do what he wants. Take care and be strong.

Mair
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I got to this stage too and stayed there way too long. Change and the unknown is scary! I finally got moving when the way I was living just became too much - it was affecting my health, both physical and mental and I knew I needed to get out! Coasting along doing the same things were no longer an option. My mantra then, and today, is 'nothing changes if nothing changes'. I only have the power to change me to make my life better. Working out what I needed to do to make me happy has helped - its a lot of work but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!
:ghug3 Start working on ways to make YOU happy, one baby step at a time. Read up on this disease, read the stickies and work out how you want to live your life. And keep posting!