Need support and prayers please!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need support and prayers please!

I found a suspicious looking mole on my back yesterday. Being the hypochondriac (sp?) I know I can be, I went to the dermatologist this afternoon. I was pretty confident that it would be nothing, but he examined the mole too long and said he thought it was suspicious looking too because it was an irregular shape and color. He decided to take it off and said he would not know until later this week or next week if it was something to worry about. Then he explained the procedure if it is. He decided to look at the rest of my moles and found two more that he didn't like the looks of. He took them off too. I know it's small and it will heal, but I feel kind of disfigured now as I have what looks like holes in my skin. I'm also very nervous that it is something worse.

I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's hard. I feel like I get one thing on a good path, my recovery, then something else comes up. I called my mom crying and she, of course, gave me a pep talk, but I could tell she was nervous too. I can't seem to stop crying myself right now.

If you can, please send some prayers my way that it's nothing and that I can find a way to calm my mind until I find out. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Prayers are coming your way right now and will continue to be sent your way.

I had a lump on my breast several years ago and from the time it was found until I got the biopsy back, it seemed like a year, when in all reality it was only a few weeks. Thank God it was benign.

Several months ago, my Dr.'s scheduled me for tests on my heart. I was petrified since heart disease runs in my family. I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure but it is treatable.

But of course, I predicted the worst.

We're here for you, no matter what. I know it's really easy to think the worst but in all reality, it's out of your hands. We don't write the master plans for our life, God does. I'm glad to hear you ask for Prayers since this means that you obviously believe in the power of Prayer.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending prayers. I find the waiting part the hardest...always. Prayers for a clean bill of health and serenity as you wait to hear word.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm also praying for you. Been there myself recently with an abnormal pap followed by a colposcopy/biopsy. The wait is brutal!! All was well on my end, though I was convinced I was dying. It sure puts things in perspective and makes you think beyond your normal realm of thinking...

TRY not to dwell on it. Keep your mind busy...I know it's hard, but it will be ok.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow Chick, health worries like that can be really scary. I get plenty of them in my own life so I understand. You are definetly in my prayers, every day.

Mike
Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have had several moles removed (I have lots of them, even one removed as a child) and the chances that it is anything serious are slim.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Praying for your health and strength!

Whatever it is, you caught it now and you simply must think positive!!

I feel like I get one thing on a good path, my recovery, then something else comes up.

This is where your recovery chops will come in handy! The results of the testing is out of your control. It is good you saw the doctor and that action has been taken.

Here's what Louise Hay says in Heal Your Body about skin ;
Skin protects our individuality - it is a sense organ, and the largest body organ. Affirmation: "I am safe to be me."
Skin disorders: Represent anxiety. fear, old buried guck, feeling threatened.
Affirmation: "I lovingly protect myself with thoughts of joy and peace. The past is forgiven and forgotten. I am free in this moment."

I find repeating these affirmations helps calm my racing thoughts.

Trust yourself to handle whatever comes your way.

(((hugs)))

When will you get the results of any testing? Can you have a friend hang out with you?
B.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

the waiting is the hardest part...i had a big one cut off of my chin a number of years ago,within a year you will barely notice the spots. as far as the waiting goes you gotta have faith that your going to be ok!

good combo= faith+prayers
Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

I've had a few removed as have all my kids and mr cmc too.
It's not easy to wait for the results.
I'll pray for the results to come quickly and for a good outcome.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am praying for you!

A couple of weeks after my miscarriage, my OBGYN, the nurse called me and told I have an abnormal Pap Smear, but they tested and it was negative for cervical cancer (she told me to make sure to have another Pap Smear in a year). That hit me like deep down because my grandmother on my father's side died of cancer when my father was in high school. I called my parents and they told me it was stomach cancer.

It make you feel vunerable--like life is crazy--you are trying to deal with everyone else and their craziness--and then all of a sudden your own health is questionable.

:praying
Old 09-03-2008, 02:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

NYC, my prayers and thoughts are with you hunny, :praying

I'm sure all will turn out well for you,

positive thoughts comin' atcha

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx
Old 09-03-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Prayers, chick
Old 09-03-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prayers to you! :praying

Also sending you lots of strength and ((((HUGS))))! I hope all turns out for the best.

C
Old 09-03-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Prayers your way NYC. Hope it helps to know the odds are in your favor. I also have had MANY moles removed and biopsied; all negative. My dermotologist has me come in every year for a "mole check" and seems like he always finds at least one he doesn't like. Enjoy your battle scars, and maybe you could make up some really good story to go along with them?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((NYC))) I've had the same situation come up a few times, so I have an idea of how worried you might be. Take care of yourself. . . I am praying for your perfect health.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, NYC
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Prayers going out for you NYC, it sounds like you're in good hands and your doctor is being cautious and careful.

I've had a few moles examined and removed and I'm sure I'll have more done in the future. The waiting makes me anxious but so far none of them have been anything serious.

Try to remain peaceful. Lots of good people here sending out healing and supportive thoughts your way.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((((NYC))))

Prayers for Peace, Calm and Perfect Health for you..... Grateful
Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Definitely sending prayers your way! I had a very sore spot on one ear that was not going away, and when my doctor looked at it, he started me on antibiotics, but said if it didn't start improving in 5 days, I needed to see a dermatologist. He thought it looked a lot like basal cell carcinoma.

I was so nervous, but the antibiotics finally kicked in around day 4 and now it's all healed up!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

NYC Prayers out to you sweets-

Breathe....we are here for you