Need support and prayers please!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

NYC a few years ago I had a suspicious looking mole removed from my temple area .... the biopsy revealed that that it was on the verge of turning cancerous (I caught it pretty early since it was on my face). I then had to go in and have surgery to have a fairly large chunk of skin removed just to be sure they got it all.

But the good news was that I caught it early enough that the surgery got it all and there was no aftereffects or spread. The scar has completely healed and you wouldn't even know I had surgery there (and this is on my face !).

So hang in there and think positive... this may be your HP taking care of it early before it got worse.

And kudos to you for being proactive and getting this checked out !

Larry
Old 09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Praying for a good report back from the doc.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all VERY MUCH for your thoughts and prayers!

I had a great pep talk from my friend last night, then had more pep talks today. I feel a bit better than last night. Ultimately I'm glad I had it done because if it's something they will know early enough. Maybe my higher power had me find one so I could get the others looked at. One that he removed was a mole I had been noticing a lot in the past month or two, but not the one I originally went in for. I couldn't remember what it looked like before so I tried not to obsess over it. I guess my instincts that it didn't look right were on.

I should have the results by Monday or Friday. I hope Friday so I can be relieved or deal with it over the weekend. They are a little sore, especially the one on my stomach. It's in the area where my stomach fold when I slouch. I guess if there is a good side, I'm working on my posture all day so it hurts less. By the time I'm done, I'm sure I'll walk taller!

Thank you all again. I'm so happy to have you all on my side and sending up prayers!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

NYC chick, you are in my thought and prayers. Hoping for good news from your doctor. Try not to worry yourself to death. I know that's easier said than done though.
Peace and serenity to you
Old 09-04-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've included you in my prayers and hope for the best possible outcome.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Praying for you, hon!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My favorite NYC Chickadee!!!

I am thinking of you and saying prayers for you...

Shivaya
Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! I feel your pain with this. I have had about 7 or 8 moles removed over the last year. I'm glad to hear you had it taken care of.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We are with you all the way! :praying:praying:praying
Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You have my prayers too.

Remember, in the vast majority of cases, removing the mole takes care of the problem.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
cunning. baffling. powerful.

Hey NYC_Chick.

I know exactly what you mean about the worrying and waiting when it comes to anything medical.

And just so you know, it's bad for the doctor too. They want good news just as much as you do!

I am the worst when waiting for test results, particularly when it is about me, but I get antsy for all my patients. When I had a lump in my breast about 3 years ago, I couldn't even stand to wait for the appointment! I went in late one night and did my own fine needle aspirate (the first screening for normal vs abnormal with any lump) on myself in the locker room, took it to the lab, ran the tests, and diagnosed my own benign cyst. It made waiting for the real appointment at the MD a lot easier. LOL.

(They agreed with my diagnosis. The doctor shook her head at me. "Damn medical students...")

~SK
Old 09-06-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

NYC...love to you dear!

I had a mole removed once. It was suspicious looking, so I went. Well guess what? It came back as cancerous..I freaked out! HOWEVER! THERE IS REALLY GOOD NEWS HERE! 99.9999999% of skin things that come back abnormal are SO simple to take care of. The major extent of what happened was, I went back, and they removed a little extra around the area. Gave me a bandaid and I went out for ice cream afterwards. So don't worry! All will be well. In all likelihood, you are going to be fine. If not, one, two, three it is fixed. If my dermatologist would have explained it better then I wouldn't have worried so much. Most moles that come back as a problem wouldn't even be a serious problem unless you let them go for years and years and years...

I too felt weird about the scar, but guess what? Hardly anything...

Yours will fade and you will still be gorgeous you!

So hugs and love! No worries! It is all good!:praying
Old 09-09-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks again for all the support! I really needed it.

So, an update...I haven't heard anything back yet from the doctor. He said he would call if there was a problem, so I guess no news is good news, but I'll call and follow-up tomorrow anyway.

Please continue to pray for my good results. I'm struggling with that and some work issues now too, but hopefully that will clear up soon too.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You would have heard something if there was anything to be concerned about. {hugs}
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I agree with Barb. In my experience, no news really is good news when it comes to doctors!

L
Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This torturous time of waiting will lead to proactive treatment early on or it will be good news. You were wise to have this looked at right away, sometimes people don't.
It does make us realize how little reserve we have to deal with these issues in life. It takes all of our energy to get from one day to the next. Illness or potential illness gives us an acute sense of self and all those promises we make to ourselves about the course of our life take on a new sense of urgency.
I hope that whatever the course of this is, that you walk away with an acute realtiy of how precious you and your life are.
Sometimes things happen to jolt us forward, these things happen to propell us forward, what seemed murky becomes cyrstal clear.
We pray and sometimes seem determined to stay on a course that is not the one we are meant to be on, if a prayer is to be answered and we can not see the path or the change our course needs to take, we get yanked in the right direction.
For years and years I prayed for my marriage. I did not understand why God did not hear me. Leaving was never even anything I ever considered and one day I had an epiphany.
For me marriage was a holy institution. I held to the vows I took but never held my husband to account for the ones he spoke. God never expected me to stay in a marriage that was a calamity, it honored no one. It would never be blessed. It was an unholy union. This was the mole I had removed.
It was a horrible process but it was necessary for my recovery.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just a quick update...

The doctor's office did call to tell me that I am completely fine. They called the day after I posted that I would call them. LOL! I was, of course, relieved!!! I still feel full of holes, but those are getting better.

On the other hand, I have a terrible sinus infection. I get them usually once or twice a year, so I have been on the couch all day : ( I went to the doctor yesterday before it got worse, so I'm on the mend, but I just want to be better completely with everything.

Thanks again for the prayers!!! I'm very grateful!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Yay, good news!!

Not so be negative, but please don't ever rely on them calling with the results or rather, that no news are good news. My doctor was moving right around the time I had some tests done and I didn't get the results until months later (they got lost somehow and luckily were found...) and it was cancer. I was lucky because it had not spread yet, but it was pretty close. Everyone can make mistakes, including doctor's offices.

So always call for your test results! :bounce
Old 09-13-2008, 11:43 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

NYC Chickadee!!!!!!

What a relief!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are okay!!!

Hugs to You.....Celebrate Life!!!!

Shivaya
Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey Chick many prayers for a good outcome and that you can find peace while you are waiting to find out.