question about documenting

Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question about documenting

I have been working on documenting what AH says and does. My question is what is the best way to document? I have been doing it on the computer on a blogging site so that he can't find it. He does snoop at times and has found written stuff in the past. I dont want to do it one way and have someone accuse me of just writting up a bunch of stuff. Or does it really matter which way as long as its done?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What are you documenting and why?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I don't think it really matters as long as your dates and times are accurate. My ex writes hers out, I just keep printed copies of our email exchanges. I prefer a hard copy, I'm not too comfortable with electronic records. What happens when the blog crashes or disappears? Or is that impossible?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have documented things regarding his drinking incidents and behaviors and hid it where I know he won't find it. Can you take it to a local friends house if you are worried that he will find it and just keep it up to date?
Old 09-02-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

One good way to keep stuff is to create two separate free email accounts; write it in one and send to the other. This way you have two ways (sent and received) to save the information and it's secure. I would think that a blog site could #1 possibly be traced to your pc and #2 could crash and the information would be lost.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies. I am documenting about AH's behavior when he keeps the kids and the things that he has been saying to them. I have let him keep the kids once or twice lately and once they are in bed he has gotten drunk. 99.9% of the words comming out of his mouth are manipulation either towards me or the kids. He has also taken to buying them things on a regular basis to "make up" for where he feels he has failed them.

That is a good point about the sites crashing. I didnt think about that and its definitely a real possibility. I dont really have any place that I could leave a notebook. Think I will try doing the 2 email thing and just copying and sending from the blog thing that I already have.