Going through a little withdrawal of my own

Old 08-31-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going through a little withdrawal of my own

I am no longer counting beer cans, digging through trash cans looking for bottles, searching for receipts. That's the good news. Today I'm having a really hard time with it. It is apparent to me that he has been drinking, and I know it should have no effect on me how much or what, but still I wonder. Is that just part of the codependency need to control? I feel like I'm getting to a place where alcohol in any amount is not welcome in my life. I've got some hard decisions to make, it is good to know I'm not alone.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
God's Kid

As your probably noticing, once we stop trying to control our loved ones our life comes into focus and we may not like what we see.

I know when my relationship ended with my last AB it shocked me to learn I was behaving violently. Maybe not to the extreme he had been but I had it in me. Like attracts like eh?

So I've had to find ways to express my anger with out behaving violently - not letting it reach breaking point is a good started for me. Admiting to someone I am angry etc....
Old 09-01-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found that as I worked recovery I rethought some of the relationships I had. Some really were toxic for me and the person I am growing to be really didn't want to be around that negativity. Some change was uncomfortable and even hurt a bit. But I'm learning to see the growth that comes from the hurt I experience as I continue to let go.
Hope today is a brighter day.