One step at a time may seem . . .

Old 08-27-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

One step at a time may seem . . .

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

One step at a time may seem too slow some days.
--Kay Marie Porterfield

Impatience is certainly not a virtue. However, we frequently display it as though it were; if we don't get some task done right now, we will have failed for all time. How many backfired circumstances must we have before we get the message?

When we came into this recovery program, we may have heard that there would always be enough time to accomplish what God intends us to do. Those of us who looked back at failed attempts doubted the truth of this wisdom. But we are coming to believe it now. In time, all the simple messages seem to come true.

The slogans are excellent examples of this. "One day at a time, one step at a time." Will never fail us. We will handle whatever comes to us if we follow that advice.

I will accomplish what I need to today, on time, if I let my Higher Power be in charge.

You are reading from the book:

A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey

A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey. Copyright 1994 by Hazelden Foundation.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

The God of my understanding must have really thought I needed this message - I received it THREE times from Hazelden today -

hmm? wonder what that's about - maybe because I have the "FEAR" that I must always do "IT" right whatever "IT" may be

Maybe this is the reassurance that "IT" may need to be several times so that I can learn lessons from each disaster. I perceive it as a disaster - Maybe my HP sees it and I should start looking at it as an opportunity for growth.

Wishing you Serenity, Joy and Love,
Rita