I took the plunge

Old 08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Congrats on finding the 'new house' may you create many happy memories in it!!!!!

I do not however, envy you moving, lol I hate moving.

As to finding pink flamingos.....................there are 91 of them listed right now on Ebay in yard and garden decorations

pink flamingo, Garden Décor, Gardening Plants items on eBay.com

ROFLMAO

So...........................I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding some when you are ready.

Enjoy and I hope your present home sells quickly!!

Love and hugs,
Old 08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

FD, CONGRATULATIONS on moving forward You have been an inspiration to me in many ways. I'm sur eyou will make your new home even a happier place than the one you are leaving!!!
Oh yeah, they still sell pint flamingos at the Dollar General Store....if you have one in your neck of the woods
Old 08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

FD, CONGRATULATIONS on moving forward You have been an inspiration to me in many ways. I'm sure you will make your new home even a happier place than the one you are leaving!!!
Oh yeah, they still sell pink flamingos at the Dollar General Store....if you have one in your neck of the woods
Old 08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
You know it, baby. It's got a much bigger front porch and there's no homeowner's association, so a pink flamenco is do-able. However, the only factory in the U.S. that manufactured pink flamencos stopped producing them a few years back. But there's always antique shops.

I know a store in Arlington that sells them.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

My current home is already listed for sale including pics of my red, green, and lime porch that I promised to post on SR but never got around to doing. Since the listing includes my address, if anyone wants to view the pics, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Still refining my final offer with my realtor, so it hasn't been presented to the builder yet. Hopefully we'll be presenting it tomorrow and I'll know if it's been accepted, rejected, or if they made a counter offer.

I'll keep everyone posted on how things unfold.

p.s. LOVED the pink flamenco and the gnome links. I'd really make my mark on my new neighborhood if I moved in and promptly filled my yard with goddies like those!

The pink flamenco thing started out as a joke between my mom, my sister, and I. I used to hate them (and gazing balls); they're so tacky. So one day when I was at work, my mom and sister drove out to my house and filled the front yard with pink flamencos. Now every year someone in my family gives me a pink flamenco type item (necklace, xmas tree ornament, and my all time favorite a gazing ball WITH a pink flamenco) for Christmas.

My sister insisted that I place the gazing ball/pink flamenco combo in a place of prominance in my back yard so I could view it from my kitchen daily. But unfortunately, shortly thereafter a strong winter wind blew it over and it smashed to smither-eens. No, really.....

Last edited by FormerDoormat; 08-26-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
You know it, baby. It's got a much bigger front porch and there's no homeowner's association, so a pink flamenco is do-able. However, the only factory in the U.S. that manufactured pink flamencos stopped producing them a few years back. But there's always antique shops.
Do you know that you truly inspire me!? Not only are your posts so helpful, but you find a place with NO HOA!? Awesome! Way to go!8