The plan...

Old 08-22-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

The plan...

Earlier this week I realized my before leaving 'to do' list is almost complete and have set a date for leaving my husband (and told my employer). He has unexpectedly given me a perfect out. He cleaned out his closet and filled garbage bags full of clothes he doesn't wear anymore. They're sitting by the front door. I told him I'll do the same. So, now I have to pack up some of my clothes into garbage bags and DD's clothes and 'make a trip to goodwill'. I'll try to leave with DD without him knowing (while he's asleep or away), but if we get caught, I have a good excuse to be putting clothes in the car.

I feel good about this.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you have planned well young grasshopper. Seriously, that sounds like a very good idea. That way, if he has violent tendencies, it will slip right by him and hopefully not suspect a thing. Good luck in your plan and be safe!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

Yeah, I REALLY don't want a confrontation. I don't think he'll be violent but I don't even want yelling in front of my daughter. She's had enough of that already. I just need to do a few more things before I go.

I'm excited terrified and relieved. I'm a total mess, but I have a plan.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also made sure I avoided confrantation and drama when I left. I am so glad I did it that way.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck to you, sounds like you're headed in the right direction. I just read your post from last week about separation, and feel like we're in the same place. I also think I'll start journaling, to remind myself how unhappy I am. After 14 or so years of this, I could have had a novel by now. I just wish I had the courage that you do. I hope it works out, and you and your daughter find the happiness you deserve!