Sober quacking

Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Freed from the anguish

Sober quacking

Argg! So my SAH has been dry for 5 weeks. It's been bumpy and we're working through a LOT. Some days are better than others, but I have to say that this whole "One Day At A Time" way of living is HELPING SO MUCH!!! I would've been half-way to Africa by now (or somewhere equally far from here) if I'd been trying to live all 5 weeks at once.

Anywho, I really wanted to just vent. This morning we had a huge blowup when SAH was leaving for work. I pulled out the leftovers from dinner last night and handed them to him to put in his lunch pail. He then grudgingly made himself a sandwich and left. He pulled back into the driveway ten minutes later to yell at me. Apparently I forget to make the sandwich that he says last night I told him I would make for him. I don't remember saying this, so... :wtf2

Hello?! If you wanted me to make it, why didn't you just ASK?!?!?!?! QUACK! :chatter

This just seems so little and dumb, yet it put me in a gunky mood getting myself to work... how do I deal with the little dumb stuff like this? I mean, I don't have to take getting yelled at like that, but then, I how do I not take it? I started crying and reminded him that I'm recovering too. What should I have done? How do I not pick up the gunk when it was yelled into my face??
Old 08-21-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You work, he works. You eat, he eats. You fix both lunches, he fixes none and yells at you. Unless you adore making his lunch, I'd stop that business. Lack of appreciation is my very least motivator for everyone, particularly my kids. I make dinner and I wash the dishes. If they forget to at least put their plates in the sink, I don't appreciate them taking me for granted and they lose something, typically tv for the rest of the night.

I'd say anything related to resentments is indeed quacking. Getting truly sober involves a lot more than just not drinking. It's releasing the thinking that goes with it.