Journaling

Old 08-19-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

Journaling

After talking to a few lawyers (I'm still lawyer shopping) they said journaling isn't the best thing legally, because it's still he said/she said - at least in my state. However my counselor said to read my journal every time I start to think things are getting better in my marriage. This weekend was almost decent and I was starting to have doubts about a divorce. So, I read a random passage in my journal and realized it's just the same old tricks. Tricks he uses to keep me in my place as his enabler. He'll probably show his true colors later this week when he realizes he's out of gin and there's no money to buy more.

The clarity the journal has brought me is better than anything any lawyer could provide. Without this clarity, I'd still be stuck.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Freed from the anguish

I started journaling this month too, when my AH finally admitted he is an alcoholic. I wish I had been journaling a lot longer - but I'm glad I have it now. It definitely helps me remember where we've been, and not fall into the same traps over and over - because I was SO good at forgetting those unpleasantries I'd rather not remember... Good for you JAU - and keep that journal going!!! (((JAU)))
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Journaling has always been something I do for myself. I have a lot of books that go back years. It has helped me to look back at all the craziness. I have tended to doubt myself- did he really say that? Was it that bad? It WAS that bad. I can always go back and look at it in black and white. I'm sorry you can't use it for your case, but it's still useful for getting emotions out and for that reality check we all may need from time to time.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I started journalling about a month ago and found it has really helped - though I too wish I had started much sooner! Fear of AH prying (and he would pry...) means that I post to Livejournal online and have all my posts set to private.