I didn't call him, and I don't think I will

Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I didn't call him, and I don't think I will

Regarding my post earlier this week about my abrother. I didn’t call him and speak with him about this, much as I wanted to at first. Coming here, reading and posting and going to an actual Alanon meeting helped. Praying helped. My Mom waited several days before speaking to him. He comes over once a week to mow her grass, and she showed him the empty bottle she found. He told her it must have been from 2+ years ago when he lived there. She said that she didn’t think so since she’s cleaned and had stuff moved around since then. He said that her not trusting him made him want to go out and drink again, and he was doing all of this for her. She said, no, you must do this for yourself, it’s your life. She told him he had two years of sobriety and she hoped he wouldn't throw that away, he's come so far. He stormed off, taking the computers with him. He said the p*rn was from a previous owner of the computers, she said no, the dates and times does not correspond with that. He left very angry.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know its hard but its his recovery, no one else's. It sounds like your mother handled this well. Try to let go and put it all in God's hands. You cannot do a thing if he is indeed drinking again.