He Wants My Receipe!

Old 07-15-2003, 06:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

He Wants My Receipe!

Ladies you will not believe this one .......he left a message last night asking me to give him my roast receipe that I cooked for him when we were together..............what do you think about that one?

Than he left another message saying he wants to be friends and to call him or email him........hmmmmmmmmm what do you think about that one?

Should I call him? what do you think? Is it a trap?

I am not moving an inch I am going to just be still and focus on my baby and me.

Love and Hugs
Old 07-15-2003, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prettywoman

It seems he wants to communicate.

You have to think about how you feel about that. At some point you will have to speak to him and tell him about the babies - he has a right to know. But first maybe you should think about his possible reactions and what your boundaries will be. Don't forget that you have had time to address your emotions regarding the death of one baby and the joy of watching the other one gain strength. It is quite likely that all this will knock him for a loop and you would know better than I about how he might react.

Avoiding this issue isn't healthy. Waiting until you are ready to deal with it is healthy. Only you know where you stand with this.

My hugs and prayers go out to you, and I know that your heart will tell you when it is time.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Yuck! What a sticky place to be in. He does deserve to know about the babies, but he doesn't deserve for you to give him the time of day. If you feel that you have the strength to contact him, then maybe you could send him an e-mail, but if you are still worried and aren't sure how to handle things then it might be best to wait. Make sure you are ready to stand strong behind your decisions, whatever they may be. I'm praying for you, I hope this all gets easier. Just revel in the progress your baby is making and don't dwell on things that will move you backwards.

You could always send him a different recipe too, one that isn't ..... as good, just to liven things up a bit.:dead:

Love you,
--Ă…ngel
Old 07-15-2003, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

corvettte_angel

LMAO on the receipe haha! GOODONE!

I don't trust him and amnot sure what he is up to now. Here is what I deceided to do. I am going to send him an e-mail and I am going to meet him. When I have him eye to eye I can tell if he is up to something. I have one major reason to do this and that is to see how strong I have become. Because the way I feel right now is that I do not want to be with him ever again.

This meeting will be on my turf and on my terms and until I find out what he is truly up to I won't have peace. He threatend me once to take my babies so I need to know what is going on.

I am confident in me and my boundaries. What better way to test them.

Huggs
Old 07-15-2003, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My ex always threatened to take my 3 kids when we were getting divorced. Looking back on it I dont know why I gave it the time of day to worry, he never wanted the kids. He wanted me. Try not to let him jerk your chain with that one, it is a classic. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi PrettyWoman,

Well girl, I suppose this is a time when you have to make decisions regarding your ex. Like Ann said, you cannot avoid him, especially since he is the father of your babies... learning how to detach from him, without being "roped in" to his game is gonna be difficult.

I was going to suggest sending him an email... perhaps explaining a bit of where you stand etc. BUT... meeting him in person is a much better idea; as long as it is a SAFE place . Just be strong PW... Keep us with you in your pocket

Take care
Meg
Old 07-15-2003, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

flattery, flattery, flattery

He thinks by flattering you, you will soften up to him.

"Your roast beef was soooooooo good. Nobody else on the planet can cook roast beef like you, honey." Blah. Blah. Blah. Added in with a little "I'm so helpless, I can't feed myself without your help".

He must think your self-esteem is so low, that you'll fall for it.