Brand New Day!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand New Day!

I wanted to thank you all for all the words of encouragement. I was staying in our house to wait for him to come home, but I am sooo broke! It's not fair to me shelling out every penny I have to keep some piece of crap ready for him to come home to.

So....today is a brand new day! I have just put in my 30 days notice to our landlord, will have XABF repair all the damages by then, and I am moving back in with my dad - who has always been there pick me up when I have fallen - err, when someone has puched me to the ground =)

I am excited to get my life moving - pay off credit cards, save money for a house, pay my dad back for the thousands and thousands he has shelled out over the years - and best of all! I get to keep my dog! It is so hard where I live to have a dog and be a renter - especially when she's under a year old AND considered a "dangerous" breed - ppshhh! No way!

But seriously - thank you everyone!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

NeedHelp, please keep posting as you work through your recovery. My XABF has been gone for several weeks now but I still find that reading others posts have helped me.
Good for you in watching out for yourself and taking action to make YOUR life better!
Hurrah!
Sounds like you are on the right path
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wll for sure keep posting. How can I leave when after one post you people helped make a very IMPORTANT decision!!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

That's great news. You didn't waste any time making difficult, but life changing choices. I love decisive people! Glad to hear that you plan on sticking around a while.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You must be in the Honors program!

I took the long way home, but I made it.

Congratulations on making some difficult, but wise, decisions!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all VERY much! I feel productive, enlightened, and actually very optimisstic about the choice I have made - because I USUALLY dilly-dally around, but not this time!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck to you. Wish you all the best...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
That's great news. You didn't waste any time making difficult, but life changing choices. I love decisive people! Glad to hear that you plan on sticking around a while.
I agree! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Need Help......

Hi & Welcome to SR,

I took longer to decide what I really needed and what I wanted to do and ended up divorcing my H and went out on my own at 35 years old. I now know I made a big mistake but I am still alive and well so am on the right track now.

I had Clinical Depression along with my alcoholism so had a lot of work to do to fix myself. I asked for help when I was 48 years old and got counseling for my alcoholism and depression at the same time.

That was 20 years ago so I am an old broad but still sober and still taking meds for my depression. :praying

My first husband and I remarried six years ago and have a good life together.
He retired before I did but we had simular jobs working with people needing help.

Our life is so much better with no alcohol...I was the alcoholic though and he did drink & sometimes drank too much but it didn't cause problems for him and he could quit whenever he wanted to. :atv

kelsh