My babies are home!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My babies are home!

I was so incredibly happy to see their beautiful faces! I picked up a giant chocolate chip cookie and a candle and we sang to Christian. He turned 8 on July 26th so I wasn't with him.

Abby (D12) is talking her socks off. I just listen because I know she has a lot of catching of up to do. Christian is still calling me grandma! That's to be expected after spending 6 weeks following her around.

I told them this morning that we are going to have peace in our home. I don't want to yell at them and I don't want them to fight amongst themselves. I didn't say much about their dad but Abby seems pretty glad he's not there. I just said that he's staying with his little sister and that he has a lot of issues. Abby said "duh mom." I told her that I didn't change their numbers and that their dad can still call them. She said "if he calls I'm not answering. I don't want to talk to him." When we talked about peace in our home this morning, Abby said that our biggest obstacle to peace in our home wasn't there anymore. I almost think the girl is smarter than I am!

It's so good to have them home. My folks bought them some school clothes and my sister is buying their school supplies. I'm working my arse off to get caught up on the bills and appreciate that beyond measure.

Life really is good without my A. I don't miss the chaos and insanity he brought to our lives but I miss the idea of an intact family. But ya know, I think he was a horrible role model for our children and they are better off not seeing him continue to self-destruct. We can all love him from a distance, and get on with our lives.

I almost have the application for my divorce completed. I should have it all done in less than a week. It's been three weeks since I've seen or spoken to H and it gets easier as time goes on. I just don't think he fits in what I want for my life or the children's lives anymore, and that's okay...we all have to find our own way.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

How awesome for you -
Welcome home to your wonderful children!!

May the rest of the time with you be filled with Serenity, Joy and Love,
Rita
Old 08-07-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound so happy Thanks for sharing your joy!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great news Sunflower!! I can hear the happiness as you type
Keep up the good work.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Congratulations!
I do not know your story but I am so happy that you have your babies and some peace :ghug3
Old 08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry - for those who didn't know my kids were on vacation with my parents in Colorado for six weeks. But they are back now!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So glad you have your children and peace in your home. XX