tired

Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting Over It

tired

Just wanted opinions again on something that happened this wkend.

My sister got married on saturday and my family flew in from up north. We wanted to spend time together, so I planned on spending the wkend at her house with the family since we live an hr away. I told my husband he was welcome to spend the wkend also, and we could use my sisters bed since she'd be gone. BUT nothing will be happening, I told him -if you catch my drift. My 7 yr old niece was to be sleeping on the couch in the room also. He proceeded to yell about how I was ruining the whole wkend and what if he wanted to and on and on.. This was wed night. I ignored him best I could. But I thought he would eventually understand.

Well sat night comes, we get in bed and guess what?? I tell him no and gave him the reasons - we were in my sisters house, her bed and most importantly, her daughter is 10 feet away! He again goes on and on into the night. I am such a f-ing b*tch...... Eventually he goes to sleep.

The next morning, he tries again.... What about in the bathroom??? There wont be a mess... What if I just roll over on you?? WTF?????

I am fed up with this crap. I am seeing HIS therapist tomorrow and telling all. Obviously, he isnt doing it. I told mine a few wks ago about these types of things I have to put up with...

Anyone else have similar issues??
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisyjen View Post
I told mine a few wks ago about these types of things I have to put up with...
Who says you have to put up with it?

L
Old 08-06-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't put up with it. My ex, the pot smoker, used to do things like this to me all the time. It was bad to the point where if I didn't comply, which 99.9% of the time I didn't, I would get the silent treatment for days. Once, he kicked me out of the apartment we shared. This is no way to leave.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisyjen View Post

Anyone else have similar issues??

Yes, until I realized that it made me sick to be around a self-centered, verbally abusive, horndog control freak. Then I made plans to start a new life without that. I've been approximately 1000% happier since that realization; I freed myself to find someone who was respectful and considerate, and whose happiness doesn't revolve around his ****.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Day, by Day, by Day.....

I agree with LaTeeDa - Who says you have to??? I didn't understand this at first when my therapist said this to me, but they are right - WE have a choice about US -
Our actions
Our feelings
Our reactions

If this were me - and it's not, so please, I don't know the whole story -
I wouldn't talk to his therapist about this. That is his therapist and his boundaries.
I would talk to your therapist though - see what they say - that's whatthey are paid for!

I wish you luck - so sorry for that yucky man! Hopefully your sister and family will see through him . . .