Weird night

Old 08-05-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird night

All,

In the continuing story of my relationship with the AW, a different turn last night. She came home, seemed quite sad. Her daughter basically blew her off because she was drunk all weekend, and left the house to go out. She then went to the store, bought some food and more alcohol. (so far in the last 10 days 23 liters of wine) She then made dinner and did some laundry, then played video games for an hour. We watched a little tv, and then she got up and started cooking at 10:30 at night. It was totally bizarre.

I found out this morning that she decided not to cook her pie crusts and came to bed about a half an hour later.

Now, the important part of all of this. My actions. I did not force conversation on her, I did not ask her why she was doing things, and at 10:30 I went to bed, and I actually fell asleep relatively quickly.

It was just weird.

Redd
Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on not forcing conversation. If you look at my last post (I did it!), I started off in the wrong direction, but ended up ok.

It was satisfying, don't you think? Baby steps, but we will get there.

Thanks for your post.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

An addict knows they are addicted, they didn't plan it that way and they're not happy about it. If you detach, don't engage, then she only has herself to deal with. She knows she screwed up. She knows she's blowing it with her daughter and she knows why. Detaching is for your health plus it has an interesting side effect.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by Reddmax View Post
Now, the important part of all of this. My actions. I did not force conversation on her, I did not ask her why she was doing things, and at 10:30 I went to bed, and I actually fell asleep relatively quickly.

Good for you Redd!!

Awesome detachment with love and self-care! Sounds like you are doing great at taking care of yourself!