What are you celebrating today?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are you celebrating today?

I believe that every day I need to look around me and find something to celebrate - some small thing to be grateful for, even on the worst of days.

Today, I can look around and see several things to be grateful for. My funny little legs, which have carried me for seven straight days of walking for an hour each morning, part of my renewed effort to lose weight. The fact that the basil in my mini-garden is ready to harvest. My AB found a new job - just for today, he'll have an income.

What are you celebrating today? What one small thing can you look at and smile, just for today?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great thread!

Today, I celebrate the health of my kids and family and friends. My dog. My kids playing their sports. My husband totally addicted to, loving, and looking forward to coaching our son‘s football team.

I even celebrate my dust bunnies. They remind me that nothing is or should be perfect!

I celebrate the fact that I can find many things to celebrate, if I just spend one moment thinking about it!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

thanks for sharing that , i heard something in the grocery store this morning and tho it was funny im greatful that i cant say that bout my self " got the monday blues from the sunday booze " funny yes , but im so greatful to AA n my HP for giving me the ability to stay outta that situation for another day !
Old 08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got braces last week and my teeth finally stopped hurting!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am celebrating a change in wind direction. All last week the air here was thick with smoke from wildfires. Today, the air is clear and the sky is blue! Yeah!

Also, ssshhhhhhhhhhhh, I believe I will also be celebrating something BIG later on today, but don't want to say anything until it's for sure.

L
Old 08-04-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

Everyday I celebrate the fact that I have the greastest hubby in the world. I spoke with my son this week-end which will make this week a little easier. I know he's working and says he's OK!!! I want to believe him. The weather here is fantastic and not so heavy with humidity so I got to get out in the gardens. Life is good~~~~~today!!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

- I have two happy healthy children who adore me. I will see them in 52.5 hours.
- Cute toes.
- Made a payment that was stressing me out.
- Staying away from H...breaking my own addiction to him.
- Qualifying for legal assistance in my divorce. Now I just have 18 pages worth of applications to complete.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a day off from work today and spent a day with my youngest daughter. Spoke to an old friend who im going to meet tomorrow night. Drank tea in the garden (posh) Ahhh happy days.

Mair
Old 08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Rode my bike to work today- and it didn't rain!
My lovely daughter- everyday I am grateful for her.
My crazy Jack Russell- he keeps me busy.
I have "nothing" to do tonight but make earrings with dd, eat dinner on the porch overlooking my garden, ice cream. . . whatever I want!

p.s.- I am dying of curiosity LTD- hope whatever it is that is BIG works out for you!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My 3 older kids....they are such support for their mommy.
My baby. Her smile brightens my day and there is nothing I wouldn't do for her.
My mom. She loves me unconditionally even though my life is one drama after the other.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today, let's see....
It's wonderful because it's here and I can see it, and yes, Anvil, summer has made a renewed appearance in Seattle.
My dog is partway on my toes and she loves me so much!
My husband is committed to sobriety (at least for now) and my house is feeling the beginnings of what some other houses probably have always had..... peace.
All three of my daughters are here at home with me right now, a first in 9 months.
I've recommitted myself to SR to post at least 1X daily the things that are GOOD in my life (so thanks for the thread, cuz I'm done for today!)! It's too easy to focus on the bad.
Have a great day all!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I am grateful for being on day 58 drug-free
for allowing my kids to have a drug-free mother
for the smile on my husbands face when he looks at me

There are so many things I am grateful for, that is just the beginning!!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great post! Today I celebrate me and my wonderful children, there is nothing better than a loving relationship with your child! I celebrate moving through the fear and doing what needs to be done...I celebrate SR!!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am happy that I can finally have the windows open rather than running the air conditioning! Rather than 95 and humid its 87 and feels cool.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My return to SR

I celebrate my return to SR and the time I got to read and enjoy the sunshine poolside on a lounge chair today.

...and this post because I may not have thought to celebrate anything otherwise.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Doin' a little dance for everybody. There's always something to celebrate, and those little celebrations give us strength to stand up to....to....well, all that stuff we wish we DIDN'T have to deal with.

I'm celebrating the rain here......a month of awful heat, and finally it's coming down in buckets, washing the dust off everything and cool air in the windows......sigh, so nice.....and free!

p.s. LTD......any updates?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
p.s. LTD......any updates?
Nope, not yet. If it isn't today, it should be tomorrow. I will definitely post a thread when I am ready to celebrate, okay?

L
Old 08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I would be VERY grateful for rain!
Old 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I am very grateful that even tho Tropical Storm Edouard is heading in our direction, possibly to be a Hurricane before landfall - our AD is NOT in jail and we don't have to have concerns about what happens to inmates during a Hurricane/evacuation.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am celebrating the light tropical breezes in the trees - and while I don't wish this on anyone else (especially not you, Japic05!), I am happy Edouard is aiming further west along the coastline!