Weekend Update Reddmax

Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awakening

As long as you are sober, I'd just rely on the truth. Where I live it's not like it used to be, "big ol bad man hurt the poor defenseless little woman"

It did actually happen to me like you say. I was still drinking, had 3 in me, beer on my breath but not drunk. During a fight I was actively involved in, my wife slapped me 5 or 6 times, the last time so hard my vision in left eye went all blury, had a black eye the next day.

I hadn't layed a hand on her and she was really drunk. I called the cops, she told her story to them and of course lied. I did think I was going to jail, but they made me leave to a motel. I asked for a field sobriety test b4 I left. I think one cop believed me and one believed her.

What did I learn here... never call the police if you have beer on your breath!

Thanks and God bless us all
Coyote:ghug2
Old 08-06-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mine was mostly annoying when he drank (as long as everything went his way), as the years went on he became progressively paranoid, irrational and difficult though.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

My ex could muster up some freaky vindictiveness. I was petrified to have her served for fear that she would pull crazy stuff, like get violent or destructive, act out on her kids, my kids... the list was huge. I tried to be home as much as possible after she was served to protect everyone and everything as best I could. As it turns out she made herself very scarce for about three months and I didn't even consider that as a possibility. When she moved out I can't describe the relief I felt.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awakening

Redd

Please don't think I'm trying to get you to call the police. Everybody's situation is different. I just hate to see someone in your/our position.

Sounds as if you are detaching/disengaging nicely and you will be out of this deal soon enough. Keep doing the next right thing for YOU. I love you man!:ghug3

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Last edited by coyote21; 08-06-2008 at 07:57 AM. Reason: left whole word out!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

One thing I never do is drink at home, at least while the AW is conscious. I might take a nip after she passes out for the night. I know what happens to aggression if you drink.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It sounds like you kinda fear the police? I guess one thing I did finally establish, was a pretty good understanding about being honest and proactive about my situation. I'm sure many of you have the kind of alchoholics that do their "best drinking" on wheels.
Well, that has always freaked me out and all sorts of terrible scenarios played about in my head. I even imagined him hitting a car that one of my daughters was driving in.....
at any rate, I finally decided that to be an adult and someone with a conscience, I needed to do what I would do if I saw someone on the road and thought they were drunk.... I called the police.
When he would leave the house in a rage and had only started the drunken binge, I called 911.
Well, the first few times, they would always try to make this out to be a domestic thing, I mean, why would a wife call otherwise, right? But after 3 times, I went to the station and explained that I was trying to do the right thing, and that it had nothing to do with vindictiveness.
They never did stop him, while they tried to find him, but there now is stuff on file and I know that the police have more of an understanding and I trust them to help.
Could you try talking to the police and just explain your situation, human to human?
I worked for me.....
Old 08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

True, very true.... I'll have to consider all of your input. Where I'm at, police have an aggressive stance toward domestic violence toward women. I don't know how much they have going the other way.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Reddmax, what if you stopped by the station and spoke with an officer who isn't busy, explained your situation and ask what he/she thinks. I bet they'd be happy to offer you their opinion.