SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   A good weekend (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/154956-good-weekend.html)

Rainbowsend 08-03-2008 04:56 PM

A good weekend

Got my nails done, shopped for seriously yummy food, had my legs waxed, kids are having a fab time away with my mum. It's been a little over two months and guess what I like it and I like me, even when I'm cleaning :-)

I'd like to meet a nice man eventually but there's only one thing a man can do that I can't and that's pee standing up. (I lied, needed one to get the top off my yummy Turkish pickles but I borrowed one)

Rainbowsend 08-03-2008 05:10 PM

It gets better, fake tan with Duran Duran on the TV, maybe that's what I want, to relive my youth. It maybe all superficial but it works for me and I'm enjoying :-)

LaTeeDa 08-03-2008 05:14 PM

Sounds like fun. Oh, and they make these thin rubber discs that you can use to open pickle jars--no testosterone needed. LOL

:)

L

Rainbowsend 08-03-2008 05:27 PM

I had thin rubber gloves for the fake tan, note to myself, check out rubber bottle openers :-) Duran Duran are still rocking :-)

baileyboop 08-03-2008 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa (Post 1857361)
Sounds like fun. Oh, and they make these thin rubber discs that you can use to open pickle jars--no testosterone needed. LOL

:)

L

I have one of these...they are awesome.. : )

GiveLove 08-03-2008 07:04 PM

Oooh, I heart my jar opener:
Rubber Grips Jar Opener by Fox Run

That and a little hot water on the lid now and then, and I am a free woman :)

FormerDoormat 08-03-2008 07:13 PM

I can think of another thing a man can do for me that comes in mighty handy and it ain't opening a pickle jar or mowing my lawn....

sunflowerintx 08-03-2008 08:28 PM

I'm having a beauty evening as well! I am polishing my toes hot pink, bleaching and dying the grey roots because I refuse to accept them. I'll feel like a million bucks when it's all done.

I can't wait until I get caught up with bills and can start getting my nails done again!

Thx for sharing and I'm glad you are enjoying yourself!

worriedwife2 08-04-2008 09:55 AM

Thanks for sharing. That sounds wonderful. :You_Rock_

respektingme 08-04-2008 10:02 AM

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand........ with a tan and pickles and a fresh manicure. Very little a mani or pedi can't cure. If I'm really stressed, I go for the manipedi combo. My worries dissolve in a small tub of water with blue crystals.

respektingme 08-04-2008 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat (Post 1857462)
I can think of another thing a man can do for me that comes in mighty handy and it ain't opening a pickle jar or mowing my lawn....

Without going into details..... technology has come a long way, lol.