Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Blood alcohol 0.49 driver pleads not guilty and may be eligible for Guiness Book

Blood alcohol 0.49 driver pleads not guilty and may be eligible for Guiness Book

Old 08-02-2008, 02:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clearly "not guilty" The devil made me do it!

PROVIDENCE, R.I.—A Rhode Island man who authorities say had a blood-alcohol level more than six times the legal limit has pleaded not guilty to drunken driving.

WJAR-TV reports that Stanley Kobierowski was released on personal recognizance Friday after appearing in Providence District Court.

Police say Kobierowski registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.491 percent after driving into a message board on Interstate 95 in Providence.

The legal limit in Rhode Island is 0.08 percent. Police say Kobierowski might hold the state record for having the highest blood-alcohol concentration without dying.

Driver who cops say blew 0.49 pleads not guilty - Lebanon Daily News
Old 08-02-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He was driving? :wtf2

My stbx had a BAL of .455 when we arrived at the hospital when he attempted suicide. He hadn't had a drop for 30 days before.

We were told by medical professionals that the only reason he wasn't dead is because he was an extreme alcoholic and his binge drinking had primed his body to be accustomed to large amounts of alcohol.

Thx for sharing and thank goodness no one was hurt or killed in this story!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Won't even make the allstar team:

Drunkest Driver Ever?: Oregon woman nine times over state blood alcohol content limit

Bulgarian's blood-alcohol level astounds doctors
Old 08-02-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Actually in the fall of 1981 there were articles in two papers, that a driver in Sacremento had been arrested for DUI and had a .52. It was in the daily Sacramento paper and in The Daily News in the San Fernando Valley.

It is something I have never forgotten, because us 'newbies' at the time kept commenting on he just HAD TO BE AN ALCOHOLIC.

If I have time this evening I will try and check the Archives of the Daily News and see if I can find the OLD article.

Love and hugs,