She just swallowed 50 klonopin and was taken by ambulence.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She just swallowed 50 klonopin and was taken by ambulence.

Plus she had drunk a lot of wine.... I'm almost positive that won't kill her, but at least now she will get the psychiatric care that she needs.. Texas is the second largest state, but 48th in mental health funding.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry this has happened. I will keep you both in my prayers. {hugs}
Old 07-31-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! I'm really sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry, but yes, glad she will now get help. Will keep both of you in my thoughts!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hopefully this will be the bottum for her. It is terrible that so many suffer from mental illness and addictions and insurance coverage is almost non-existant, even for those with insurance. I hope she get the help she needs.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I thought my H's suicide attempt would help him. We live near Austin, but there were no beds available and he went to the state hospital in San Antonio. He was there two weeks. He was diagnosed an extreme alcoholic and they said he had situational depression related to his alcoholism.

He tried to get into inpatient treatment from the hospital but was told he needed to come into the office to request state funding. As of a year ago, we have no health insurance.

He was released two weeks to the day and I fully expected he would get treatment. Two days after he was released, and had done nothing to seek assistance, we had an argument and he pulled the car over and got out and walked. I found him later that night and he was angry with me for demanding that he go to rehab. I asked if he was done with me and he said yes.

That was two weeks ago and we haven't spoken since. I hung in there for 19 years...actually, a month shy of twenty years.

I'm moving on because I have to...not necessarily because I want to.

I hope your story has a happier ending.

((((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))))
Old 07-31-2008, 10:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry, and :praying for her recovery.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How's it going, sad? Have an update?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunflowerintx View Post
How's it going, sad? Have an update?
She was sent to the psychiatric hospital and diagnosed with bipolar along with being an alcoholic.... She is on Lithium, wellbutrin, and Atvian.... Tomorrow, they are sending her to an alcohol rehab center... She attempted suicide because I demanded she move out. She had attempted suicide months earlier by running her car into the back of a pickup at 60 plus mph, after I had told her that I was done...I keep hanging in there, I've said it before, but this really is the last chance and I'm still not sure I want to live in the same dwelling as her.... She scares me and is always making threats and breaking things...She knows she may never get another chance and if she does all it will take is one outburst and I'll either divorce her or she will move out... One step at a time...... Still hoping... We've been together 21 months now... It's been very crazy. The normal her.... I love and would stay with forever...Sybil... I cannot deal with anymore.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks for the update sad - sending you prayers for serenity and peace- take care of yourself
Old 08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all so very much.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

She attempted suicide because her life is out of control, not because you told her to leave. Don't place that guilt upon yourself; you don't deserve that kind of punishment. Her drinking and suicide attempt have nothing to do with you. They are internal issues of her own creation.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
She attempted suicide because her life is out of control, not because you told her to leave. Don't place that guilt upon yourself; you don't deserve that kind of punishment. Her drinking and suicide attempt have nothing to do with you. They are internal issues of her own creation.

I don't feel guilty at all.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sad,

I really hope she gets and WANTS the help she's getting. I hope the best for your marriage....truly, I do.

I realized that the way I posted made me sound upset about things. I'm really not that sad about the end of my marriage. I truly think my H is a lost cause and I'm jumping ship before we all sink...and I'm good with it. I feel free and very content with my decision.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well she's being discharged from the psych hospital to which I'm not happy about.... I asked them to send her to alcohol rehab, (she didn't want to go)... That's where she's headed.... I don't have a lot of hope at this point, but she knows she's on a very short leash with me... I don't want to live in the same dwelling with her because I have no faith or trust left at this point.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sad#3 View Post
Well she's being discharged from the psych hospital to which I'm not happy about.... I asked them to send her to alcohol rehab, (she didn't want to go)... That's where she's headed.... I don't have a lot of hope at this point, but she knows she's on a very short leash with me... I don't want to live in the same dwelling with her because I have no faith or trust left at this point.
If she is not invested in rehab, it cannot work. I am so sorry she does not seem to want to help herself and that this is causing you such pain. I know how hard that is to watch. I watch from a distance now as xAH slowly destroys his life. But it remains true that until he wants to help himself, nothing can change for him. The same is true for your wife.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
If she is not invested in rehab, it cannot work. I am so sorry she does not seem to want to help herself and that this is causing you such pain. I know how hard that is to watch. I watch from a distance now as xAH slowly destroys his life. But it remains true that until he wants to help himself, nothing can change for him. The same is true for your wife.
I agree and thanks... She knows now that I'm full and have had enough.... She'll either stop or she'll be living on her own and I don't think she can make it.... Why is it that some people are functional alcholics, yet others can't hold down jobs, get along with people, get DUI's and are just basically totally out of control?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think sad#3 that its a progression. Some never progress all the way down to a totally disfunctional state. Some do. WHy that is I have no idea.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

She's mad because I won't drive 60 miles to pick her up from the hospital and take her to the rehab center and bring her some cigarettes.... Why should I? I told her I'm the one who's angry and not only am I not picking her up, I definitley wouldn't bring her any cigarettes.... I think she thinks I should feel bad because she attempted suicide... But, I don't... She's finding that she can no longer manipulate me and she's losing control.. So I know she's scared, and that's the way it should be...
Old 08-02-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good for you! She is fully capable of finding a way to rehab all on her own if she wants to get there.