give me strength

Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

give me strength

Well, the divorce is moving along, he is willing to give me full custody and agrees to supervised visitation with our 9 yr old daughter, so we are now working on trying to split up the property. But, the job I had lined up now fell through, and I am back to job searching...ughhhhhh....to be honest I am a bit scared today, at times wishing he would get help so it would all work out. He is still in the home moving out in 2 weeks. I know what I am doing is the right thing, I can't stay in a marriage like this, his drinking is still the same, he does not want any help, does not want to stop and is willing to lose his family to keep drinking, how sad is that.....so I need a little extra boost today, from you guys and my HP, please let me find another job and help me keep my mind strong, most of the times I know I am moving in the right direction, but at times, I am scared and sad wishing it could all be different....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there...Sending prayers and strength your way!
Old 07-31-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

((((Stillsearching)))) you will get through this, I know it is hard at times; I lived with my exabf for a month after I broke up with him until he moved out.

I found it helped to keep focused on why I was doing this. Each time I would see him drunk, felt those pangs of regret etc, I found that it inspired me to keep moving forward to turn my feelings around and think how he had brought this on himself, to allow myself to feel angry at him.

Anger is actually a vital part of any healing process!

Try to keep yourself out of his presence if you can, go out for walks or to friends and family.

Strength to you...

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-31-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

{hugs} I'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember those first days of breaking up with STBXAH all too well. It was very hard for me to let go even with everything I knew about our relationship (or lack thereof). Once he left, it go so much easier. I trusted in God to see me through it, and He did. I have been absolutely amazed by the things that have happened in my life to help me along the way. Trust in your HP to guide you along your way...even if it feels like a scary thing to do.

Praying that you find a new job quickly. (((HUGS)))
Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'll be thinking of you today and sending you my best thoughts of strength. How hard it is to make such a big change! But, as you know, it's the best thing you can do to ensure the best future for you and your daughter.
:ghug3
Old 07-31-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Praying that you find a job soon!!!

:praying

Sue
Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I believe that everything happens for a reason. What appears to be a setback can end up being a wonderful opportunity. It's hard to believe when you are in the middle of a crisis, but often one door must close in order for another to open. You are on the brink of a major change. I believe it will all turn out better than you expect.

L
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I couldn't have said it better...I truly believe in everthing LTD said!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, the interview went well, it would be a really nice place to work.. Your words have inspired me today I need to keep my mind on positive thoughts. LTD and Anvil are so right...those words are ones to live by...