Red Flags

Old 07-28-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Red Flags

I have a question about the red flags.

The ones about talking to ex-spouses. I have a problem with my AW talking to one of her ex-spouses because she has a totally inappropriate relationship with him. The other one I don't care, because she's normal with him.

Also, the one about weapons. I shoot as a hobby and in competition, and I'm not obsessive about it, I do have weapons.

Are these red flags on me?

Just curious.

Redd
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Redd,

I was accidentally shot at the age of 18, because my friend was monkeying around with a gun his dad found. I'd get the guns out. You know A's have no sense when they are drinking.

You can't control who she speaks to. Try and it'll backfire. I think for your sanity, it either becomes something you get used to and try to forget about, or something among the list of other things that you decide to leave her for.

I think the fact that she has TWO exes and almost a THIRD is a red flag.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reddmax View Post
I have a question about the red flags.

The ones about talking to ex-spouses. I have a problem with my AW talking to one of her ex-spouses because she has a totally inappropriate relationship with him. The other one I don't care, because she's normal with him.
So its not the talking its the inappropriate relationship that is the problem.

The thing with red flags is that they CAN be an indicators but are not ALWAYS an indicator of problems to come.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my AH went on a roaring three-week bender last October, I got the shotguns and revolvers out of the house - even the antique gun his grandfather had when he was a cop. He was so crazed that I didn't know if he'd turn a gun on himself or on me. But the possibility was there.

To this day, the guns are in a locker at a friend's house. AH finally realized they were gone, threw a hissy fit, and I just shrugged it off. If AH wants to get seriously sober, then I will seriously consider allowing the weapons back in the house.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank God weapons (guns anyway) aren't something we have to give much thought to in the UK. Guns and A's, what a terrible mix!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I've moved all of the weapons.... although the kitchen knives are quite sharp