The finger

Old 07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The finger

I was picking up my daughter at STBXAH's house tonight. I never go in, I just pull up on the driveway and she comes out - through the back door of the garage, and gets in the car. There are windows in the garage door, so I can see in the garage while I am waiting for her. She came out and was on her way walking to the car. I saw the STBXAH come into the garage and stand off to the side by the window. This is very unusual -- I watched him standing there for awhile; and shortly after my daughter got in the car I saw very clearly he put his hand in the window and gave me "the finger"!?!?

My daughter easily could have seen it; but didn't. I didn't say anything to her about it. For some reason I can't stop thinking about it wondering WTF?? It doesn't make me mad. It makes me a little sad. I kind of wonder what was behind it. It confirms that he still isn't dealing well with life; although he never would have done that when we were together. I have just been shaking my head in bewilderment since it happened. We haven't actually spoken to each other for about two months, I just keep thinking that if he is that upset he could/should tell me directly -- but he's always been so passive/agressive and this just seems to be more of the same.

Daughter's demeanor didn't seem unusual, to indicate anything unusual going on while she was there. My son lives there, and I actually saw him at the end of the drive when I pulled in -- talked to him for a few seconds and everything seemed normal with him? What do you all think of this?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nowinsituation View Post
IWe haven't actually spoken to each other for about two months, I just keep thinking that if he is that upset he could/should tell me directly -- but he's always been so passive/agressive and this just seems to be more of the same.
You said it ... he is passive-aggressive. And he is using "sign language" to let you know what he cannot say.

It also tells me that he is immature.

I'm glad your daughter didn't see his demonstration of how a kid would behave. Don't let it get to you. You have him figured out (as much as you can figure out an A). Let it go and ignore his asinine behavior.

Just take care of your side of the street. Obviously, his side is in total disrepair.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds a little immature to me.

Also sounds like he was trying to get some kind of reaction out of you. I'm glad you didn't feel the need to say anything to him.

I would just let it go.

Sue
Old 07-26-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

If I'm a bitch for re-claiming my life and no longer putting up with an alcoholic's BS, then it's a label I'd wear proudly.