Anyone own One Dat At A Time in Al-Anon???

Old 07-25-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Anyone own One Dat At A Time in Al-Anon???

Will anyone that owns the book One Day At A Time In Al-Anon please tell me what it says for July 23rd. I remember reading it before and it striking home... I would like to read it again but I do not have a copy of the book. Any help would be great! Thanks a ton!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

July 23 - pg 205

When my spirit is in turmoil and my troubled thoughts race round and round, and I try to reason myself out of this frame of mind, it may be well to stop reasoning and hold fast to a single idea that speaks of quiet and serenity. One such is: Keep It Simple.

Probably there is nothing I can do now - this minute, this hour, today - to solve the problem that is gnawing at my peace of mind. Then to what purpose do I torment myself?

I will stop trying to figure out ways and means. I will not rehash, over and over, thoughts so bitter that they can make me feel physically ill. I will empty mind of all this perplexity and hold to just one simple thought while I wait for God's guidance.

Today's Reminder:
The things that trouble me are often too complex to yield to human reasoning. Indeed their only reality may be in my confused thoughts. When I reach such an impasse and I remind myself to Keep It Simple, I will find myself being restored to composure.

"under the shadow of Thy wing shall be my refuge until this tyranny be overpast."
Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you very much!!! Your a big help!