Walking the final mile...

Old 07-24-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Walking the final mile...

Hey Folks,

Well, me and STBXAW have reached an agreement in our divorce. No more court, no more mediators and no more lawyers... almost. We still have to sign everything and such.

This has been a roller-coaster, for sure. I've been on it for 10 years and I know that it's not over yet - but I can see the finish line now.

I was elated at the thought of settling this but have to admit that finally reaching an agreement was a little more bittersweet than super-sweet. Of course we had some good times together or we wouldn't have toughed out 10 years, and it does suck to see my marriage coming to an end. However, I couldn't live like I was any longer for sure.

So..... thanks for listening to me over the last several months! I'll continue to check in and maybe once my head stops spinning I can share some wisdom (I hope I gain some wisdom!) I've gained through this all.

Peace and blessings,

TD
Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations for keeping your goal in sight and for having the courage and strength to see it through all the way to the end. I'm so very sorry for the sadness you're feeling.

I'm just at the beginning of my journey, and don't know how I'll summon the strength to see it all the way through, so thank you for posting! It's encouraging to hear from those who, despite the pain, knew what was best for them and managed to make it happen.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

TD that is great news! Almost time to jump off the roller coaster! What a blessing that will be! It takes time and it appears your time is now coming-Please keep us posted-

Sending you positive thoughts out there! for your fresh start! IMHO Change may make us feel a bit numb in the start however once we have gone through it we come out better stronger people for having done so and you will too!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((TD))) - I'm glad it is winding down, but I totally understand the mixed feelings. It's a bit easier to let go of the bad....not so easy when we remember the good. In time, it gets easier. The main thing is, you're taking care of YOU!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-24-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TD...your on the last leg of the trip now and you are so very right....bittersweet is the proper word to describe the feeling.....keep in touch with all of us because you are a wealth of information and wisdom.....

Take Care
Janitw