Tuesday-Wed update

Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reddmax View Post
Which means setting definite limits to what I will take in terms of behavior. I see that.

Darn, this is going to be a pain in the posterior.
And deciding what actions you will take if those limits are exceeded. In other words, boundaries.

Yes, it is difficult, but your life, happiness, and serenity are worth it!

L
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

...What I'm concerned with is how things will impact me. Im a big believer in self-protection. I don't want to get hammered between the eyes because I'm not alert?.
I don't understand how going through her bags and seeing how much alcohol she had bought or consumed is self-protection and making you alert? These things impact you as much as you allow them to. Your AW's addiction will impact you as much as you allow it to.

You cannot control or change what she is doing. You can only change and control you. I cannot explain how releasing it was to me to finally stop checking on my exabf, to let go of his problem, to tend to myself, to release all that pent up anxiety I felt wondering where he was what he was doing.

I agree with LTD, get stuck into organising your own finaces, accounts, lawyers etc, get busy on the things you do have an impact on and that will have an impact on you!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-24-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Which means setting definite limits to what I will take in terms of behavior. I see that.

Darn, this is going to be a pain in the posterior.

But only a temporary pain in the posterior. The other side is well worth the effort.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I counted my XAH beers for years and I could even tell you what kind of mood he would be in with each and every one of them.....and in the end.....it didn't matter. Addicts do what addicts do and we can get caught in the crossfire if we aren't on our toes. Listen to what the good people have to say here and take care of only what impacts YOUR life. Because in the end it will be only you anyway. May as well get used to it. Take Care.

Janitw
Old 07-25-2008, 03:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Youa re doing great - just take one day at a time.