I finally got it, and you're all so right!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow, Taz. I don't "know" you, but thanks for this post. It brought tears to my eyes
Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((QT)))

Your post just brought a HUGE smile to my face!!! I'm so happy for you and proud of you!

Yes, we get where we're going when we're ready...and not one minute sooner. I'm like peaceteach...want to reach through the screen and "save" someone from going through what I went through..as an addict AND a codie....even though I didn't hear what was said to ME, until I was ready.

Good job on taking care of YOU!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Thanks Taz, that post was really touching.

I don't see your other posts because I basically stick around F&F. Having been a codependant for practically all my life, I hope my es&h is best provided here!!

I hope some of those really struggling out there with their A can find the light for both themselves and their partners. Us codies are in many ways just as sick as the alcoholic. Our addiction just as toxic to ourselves and others. Denial is very powerful and it can take a long time to wake up to the chaos, realising that there is another way...

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post
Wow, Taz. I don't "know" you, but thanks for this post. It brought tears to my eyes
Me, too. Me, too. Oh, my. I will remember this when I'm tempted to take pity and say, "Okay, let's try a little longer."
Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

lily you are so right when you say this:

Us codies are in many ways just as sick as the alcoholic. Our addiction just as toxic to ourselves and others. Denial is very powerful and it can take a long time to wake up to the chaos, realising that there is another way
My wife told me that when she was getting ready to leave me that she was doing it more for the children then herself, she told me she could not let my kids watch me kill myself!

I will be brutally honest here and say that when I see someone here struggling due to their A, it does not shake me a whole lot, they are adults and if they are willing to sacrifice thier life thinking they are helping their A that is one thing.

What rips my heart out is to hear the absolute horror stories about the codie sticking with the A no matter what when their are kids involved. It rips my heart out that they are blind to the damage it is doing to thier children.

Would this same parent stick with their partner if the partner were sexually molesting thier children? The emotional damage an A can impose upon a child can have just as bad long term impact on a kid as being molested!

It tears me up to see some codies who care more about trying to help thier A then caring about thier children.

In some cases I would love to see the state step in and save the children, many times the kids will be far better off in a foster home then in a household with one raging alcoholic parent and the other parent putting the raging alcoholics welfare ahead of their own kids.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I got nuthin' to add QT, everyone's said it already! Just good to see you back here, sharing more of your experience, strength, and hope with the rest of us. :ghug3
Old 07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Welcome back Queen. You sound great! Hope you stick around for a while.

Believe me, I've been there. I, too, resented it when folks kicked me in the pants and gave me a hard dose of tough love.
Oh, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I particularly enjoyed kicking Prodie in the pants. Just kidding....